• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Show or Hide Subscriber Count?

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been comparing these strategies but still, I'm not convinced as to whether hiding or showing will be a great idea for us to do (as a newbie). The viewers tend to skip whenever they see that small subscriber count. Someone out there can share from their experience to understand more of this so-called strategy.

Or the question would have been "Showing and hiding subscriber count, does it really matter?

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't know, I'd lean on showing your sub count regardless of how big or small the number is.
If nothing else, it's a good way to stay accountable, and draw some motivation to seeing it grow over time.
Also, if you hide it, I think that most people will automatically just assume that it's because you have a low sub count, so you might as well show it :)

Just my $0.02

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
is it possible to hide subscribers count??

Yes you can :)

Sign in to your Google Account.
  1. Go to YouTube Studio.
  2. Click Settings
    and then
    Channel
    and then
    Advanced settings.
  3. Under "Subscriber count," uncheck "Display the number of people subscribed to my channel."
  4. Click Save.

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
Hmm same matter goes with my channel, you know, it kind of new and most people watch and I think 80% who watch don't even intend to sub and I wonder if my sub count is too small that's they watch but don't sub. It's kind of confusing.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I never subscribe to channels that hide the sub count. Hiding it makes me feel like the channel is doing something fishy, trying to fool me.

I don't mind subscribing to channels with a small sub count as long as it meet the same criteria I have for medium and large channels:
I need to really like them and they need to have a lot of quality content and post regularly videos that makes me wanna come back for more.

Also some people prefering smaller channels since that increased the possabillity to interact with the content creator and be a part of his or hers community.

Maribel

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's all up to your preference, actually. If you feel ashamed of your subscriber count or proud no matter how many or little it is, right?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I much prefer when a channel shows the count. I don't judge on the number and am proud of the fact that I have been a supporter of dozens of channels since they were at the under-1,000 sub level. But hiding it just reflects a lack of confidence that inherently causes me to not care about subscribing quite as much.

Reactions: MattCommand1

Muzafir

Known Member
this is a best option for new channels but dont know its available for new users or not

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I never subscribe to channels that hide the sub count. Hiding it makes me feel like the channel is doing something fishy, trying to fool me.

I find it odd when people hid their subscriber number. Like @Ater said, I feel it is "suspicious" like they have something to hide. It actually draws MORE negative attention from me and I am LESS inclined to subscribe because they don't display it. I have a lot more mental chatter about it than if they simply displayed a low subscriber number.

Yeah I much prefer when a channel shows the count. I don't judge on the number and am proud of the fact that I have been a supporter of dozens of channels since they were at the under-1,000 sub level. But hiding it just reflects a lack of confidence that inherently causes me to not care about subscribing quite as much.

I am definitely with @Stanley OrchardBuddy when he says it indicates a lack of confidence. Everyone had to start with zero. If there is a creator I am interested in, I will subscribe regardless of the number of subscribers because I am interested in the creator and their work.

Here on TB, there are a fair number of creators who don't display their subscriber count. I have a natural inclination to avoid the channel when they do that.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB