• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Newbie here, How can I encourage viewers to subscribe?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Getting subscribers is the hardest part of being a Youtuber because viewers don't have to subscribe to watch your content so it's up to you to convince them that your content is worth coming back for more. Now, I'll be honest here. Being at such a low sub count and with such few videos, the last thing you need to be worrying about is subs. I know, like most others, your goal is to join the YTPP. But it won't serve you any good to get 1000 subs if you don't have the views. Views should be your focus. Subs can come later. The average person can take years to hit 1000 subs. But by then their views are high and that's where the monetization matters. The 1000 subs is just to get you in, but without the views, you may as well not be in the program at all.

So focus on the content. Focus on making more and making better every time. Most pro YouTubers will tell you to make at least 100 to 150 videos in the next year. This helps the YouTube algorithm understand your channel, your content and makes it easier for viewers to find your content. Focus on the content. Learn how to read and understand the analytics. That will be your golden goose. The algorithm will tell you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong and with that information you can learn to adjust your content to reach a bigger and bigger audience.

Trust me. Subscribers will come once you get the hang of how the analytics works, testing out new ideas, changing what is not working for you and continuing to make more content. patience is the key.

OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Getting subscribers is the hardest part of being a Youtuber because viewers don't have to subscribe to watch your content so it's up to you to convince them that your content is worth coming back for more. Now, I'll be honest here. Being at such a low sub count and with such few videos, the last thing you need to be worrying about is subs. I know, like most others, your goal is to join the YTPP. But it won't serve you any good to get 1000 subs if you don't have the views. Views should be your focus. Subs can come later. The average person can take years to hit 1000 subs. But by then their views are high and that's where the monetization matters. The 1000 subs is just to get you in, but without the views, you may as well not be in the program at all.

So focus on the content. Focus on making more and making better every time. Most pro YouTubers will tell you to make at least 100 to 150 videos in the next year. This helps the YouTube algorithm understand your channel, your content and makes it easier for viewers to find your content. Focus on the content. Learn how to read and understand the analytics. That will be your golden goose. The algorithm will tell you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong and with that information you can learn to adjust your content to reach a bigger and bigger audience.

Trust me. Subscribers will come once you get the hang of how the analytics works, testing out new ideas, changing what is not working for you and continuing to make more content. patience is the key.
Big THANKS! Well explained! You are right that subs are just to fulfil YTPP requirement and missing the point of giving focus to my views.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Take a look at yourself. You have probably watched thousands of YouTube videos throughout the years but you are only subscribed to a small amount of the channels behind all does videos. What made you subscribe to the once that you did and why didn't you subscribe to the rest?

The same thing most likely apply to your own channel and videos in other peoples eyes.

OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Take a look at yourself. You have probably watched thousands of YouTube videos throughout the years but you are only subscribed to a small amount of the channels behind all does videos. What made you subscribe to the once that you did and why didn't you subscribe to the rest?

The same thing most likely apply to your own channel and videos in other peoples eyes.
Agree and this is a good starting point to analyze things. Thank you for bringing this up into my attention.

Reactions: Ater

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Hamdaway

I feel the word "SUBSCRIBE" is a big word to many you tube viewers, especially those not well abreast with the English language. You might also consider explaining the word to your viewers, and that it is free and harmless to subscribe. And aAlways ready to give them surprises when they subscribe. Good luck!

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
@Damon will continue to say, "make videos around 150 to 250 before you start to complain about subs or views" but sometimes it kinda piss off when people ain't subing your channel rather watch them and leave.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
but sometimes it kinda piss off when people ain't subing your channel rather watch them and leave.

Do you subscribe to all the channels behind every video you watch?
Why should anyone subscribe to all the channels behind every video they watches?
Do you even have a reason to come back to all the channels that you have watched a video from?

Maribel

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just keep on posting good content besides having Tubebuddy as the coach of your channel.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Thats a very good point. I watch lots of videos. Just because its a channel that I haven't watched before doesn't mean that I want to subscribe. If the content was bad or if it just didn't interest me, I wouldn't have a reason to subscribe.

It can also come down to good content but I don't need it any more. As an example this summer I got a portable AC at home and a Window sealing kit for it. I was not completely sure on how to install the window sealing kit so I found a guide on YouTube and followed it. It was a good guide and everything worked fine. BUT that was the only thing I was after, I don't have a reason to come back to that channel after that.

• Love
Reactions: Bareeah

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I need tips and advice on how can I encourage viewers to subscribe after watching my channel. 1000 subs seem impossible to achieve with my watch/subs ratio.

Thank you in advance.
Studies have found asking ppl to subscribe to the channel is not working. Instead give them a reason to subscribe. Give them the idea YT is a huge platform, once you lost a creater its so hard to find that one

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro

Asking for subs like this is probably against the forum rules. Also you DON'T want random people subbing, you only want people how actually watch and enjoy your content to subscribe or you end up with a channel with 10 000 subs that get 10 views a video since non of the subs care about the channel and that will make YouTube believe that your content is bad and make them not recommend it to other people.

Muzafir

Known Member

briefed guide thanks for guidance

Dendi Rifki Senjaya

Screenshot_2022-03-31-01-59-54-81_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg