• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Trying without text

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'm trying a thumbnail without text in it and just wanting to know what everyone thinks and if it's suited for it or not.
thumbnail 1.jpg

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I appreciate your experimentation. I like the thumb itself; it's bright and you are checking all the boxes here. It is my experience that thumbnails without text typically fair better when they utilize more captivating photography (but I am speaking from a fishing/outdoors perspective on that one). Pro-Tip: something I am starting to do in my thumbnails (particularly those without text) is to include something that doesn't belong. Of course that thing must also tie into the video, so you need to get creative with it. But that simple act of including an external element that doesn't belong creates intrigue and compels the viewer to click simply for the sake of figuring out why these items are in the same picture.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
I do like the way the thumbnail looks like but you know most people eventually concentrate more on the text content on your thumbnail and to that if no text are implemented, it's a quit wired thing. I like it though but it's disadvantage is high so I sugguest you add a text to it.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer
OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
After a good amount of feedback say introduce text I've added some simple text.
thumbnail 3.jpg

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
It's a very good test to do, both with the text and without even. You're covering the 3 E's (Eyes, Emotion, Excitement), you're showing the end result (the brownies), the purple color is good but "cyan|lime" not as popular (but this depends on your competition too. I'm going just off straight averages of numbers). That's about it, I don't see any problems with further analysis. If I did think there would be I would submit the image to (Google Cloud Vision) and have it analyze it further to get it's opinion "which is very important" on a questionable thumbnail. I would have provide a link but external links are not allowed but a simple Google search should pull it up for you.

Hope that's helps.