• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Community Currious what everyone uses for design? Photoshop, Affinity, GIMP, etc

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I use to use Photoshop and GIMP but I have gotten to love Affinity so I bought the whole suite. Unlike Photoshop, you buy the program $40 I believe and it's your's plus all upgrades. Can't beat that.

MattCommand1

YT & TB Forum Enthusiast
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
livinginjohnscreek.com
Subscriber Goal
I am not a graphic or design artist. I am "forced" to use Canva which makes things so much easier than Photoshop. It seems people who do have great design or creative skills gravitate towards Photoshop which does "everything". For a guy like me, I need something more simpler. I like Canva. However, I more recently found out about PicMonkey and Picart which seem to give Canva a run for the money.

iloveexplosions

I used to use affinity to make my thumbnails as well, I outsource my thumbnail designs to this guy nowadays, I had a go at canva as well, I couldn't get the hang of it unfortunately.

Barkey

I use Photoshop CS6, but almost any software package would do (well, maybe not MS Paint). In a pinch, you could even compose a thumbnail in your video editor, capture a still and use that. Not ideal, but it might work.

The Jungle Explorer

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, I use a very old but extremely powerful program called Microsoft PhotDraw. This was Microsoft's competitor to Adobe Photoshop back in the day. What PhotoDraw had going for it is the MS Office library of clipart a much more friendly user interface. The program has tons of canned effects that you can apply with a click of a button that would take a lot of time and work to do in other programs. It has features that I have not been able to find in any other program, even today. You can pick up a copy of Office Premium 2000 on eBay for about $25 and pretty much, all of the programs still work with Windows 10, and you do not have to worry about monthly subscriptions, you own it.

1644267877581.png

KenethHooper

I'm a UX designer, so I mostly use different software than the classic Photoshop or Illustrator. My favorite UX tool certainly is Adobe XD. It's no surprise that it's Adobe software since they make the best platforms for most design types. Adobe has been feeding the design world with tools for decades, and the tools never fail to amaze users. Adobe's handy tool, Adobe XD, offers UX, UI, and product designers a platform where they can do everything design-related, with dozens of features. When people hire designers specializing in UX and UI, they usually expect them to know how to work in Adobe XD.

Owen Salisbury

TubeBuddy Legend
www.owensalisbury.com
Subscriber Goal
I personally really like Affinity and it allows me to make some nice thumbnails. If you want something with less of a learning curve then canva and snappa are both good : )

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I do all mine on the phone...
Snapseed and Picsart for thumbnails, channel art etc
Kinemaster is my editing software
Motion Alight for animated graphic design
DU Recorder when I need to Screen Record
Streamyard for Livestreams
FILMIC Pro for 'artistic' photos/video
Anchor for my Podcast

Office Mystic

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I created my logo, which is the profile pic I have here, with PowerPoint. Don't laugh. :) I use Affinity Designer for the thumbnails.