• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question WORKING STRATEGY TO GROW CHANNELS

chrisuchiim

Please guys, i am writing to possibly get an advice or helpful tips (Experienced Youtuber) to grow my YouTube shorts channel in health niche before the end of this year.

I am paid tubebuddy user, i guess this tool is amazing but am not getting much views.

You know that it is somewhat discouraging when you have applied everything you have learnt or being told but not getting a good result, but, i will continue what am doing till the end of this year to possibly get the account monetized

So, i wish to humbly request an advice to grow my channel, maybe reviewing what i have done so far, especially the key metrics for ranking and getting good views on YouTube: thumbnail, tags, title, description etc.

This is my channel:

God bless you more as you share some helpful tips.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
1. Forget shorts, make long videos. Make real videos.
2. Make a plan to produce a 1,000 videos over the next 10 years. At least 150 to get started.
3. You need to niche down. Your videos range from pimples to teeth to push ups.
4. Buy the book, "How to Shoot Videos That Doesn't Suck" by Steven Stockman, and do everything it says.
5. Most importantly your videos need work. Your content itself simply won't cut it.
6. I don't say these thing to be harsh, it's just that reality is probably different that you expected.
7. You're not guaranteed good result just because you do everything "right." Think of how many well-made TV shows and movies that totally flop. What's more, they have an army of people producing a very well polished, professional work, yet many movies and TV shows still flop. Them's the breaks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

Thank you for the wonderful response, i really appreciate your tips and quick response.

Please, note that i wish to grow quicker, which is the reason why i am doing the shorts videos for now. And note that i do not have any plan to produce longer videos for now as Youtube seems to be pushing shorts videos more to still keep people in their platform than losing them against tiktok. This seems to be the trend now and i wish to capitalize on it. So, I hope you understand the logic behind the shorts videos. Besides, i plan to monetize the video using affiliate marketing than normal youtube adsense.

Having said the above, i know there is work involved, which is the reason i am uploading daily, in fact i plan to roll out more than 180 videos in the next 2 months, producing 3 videos daily on different health topics. I think bro, Youtube is a numbers games if you ask me, see this channel, the rate it is growing is just amazing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCL7t_bVhVbFawvtUcanctw, i guess the owner would not have attained this milestone if she is spending more time creating longers videos, please, I stand to be corrected though.

And thank you for your advice about niching it down, i think i will do this, maybe focusing on fitness and workout only.

Once again, thank you for dropping a line, i thought the reaction as cited is important so that you understand the reason behind some certain actions done in the channel.

Finally sir, you did not comment at all as to the way am doing the seo, the title, description, tags, etc. Any input will be appreciated.

Keep grinding, keep helping, and God bless you

Chris

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Please, note that i wish to grow quicker.

The problem is there is no formula for growing quickly. If you aren't in it for the long haul, then you probably won't be around long. Just because that lady has experience rapid growth doesn't mean you will. You may. It could happen, but I've lived enough life to learn that quick growth in just about anything is usually not a good idea. Usually people interested in quick growth aren't in it for the right reasons, and rarely have the staying power to truly do what it takes.

As far as your tags, kill the single word tags. Focus on 3 to 8 longtail keyword phrases. Write your title starting with your main keyword phrase. Use the SEO Studio tool in Tubebuddy to help with structuring.

If you get out 180 videos in 2 month, then you'll need to let it "germinate" for another year to see what the real numbers are. Your channel will have to go through and entire "cycle," usually about a year or two or three.

Think about it. When are people most interested in exercise? January. (At least in the northern hemisphere.) It's great to have 180 videos in two months, but again you won't know the results form that at least until March, April, May of 2022. There is always a lag.

The good thing is school about to start, and summer's heat in the northern hemisphere is about to wane. You'll likely see some uptick, but again the total effect you won't see for a year. If you think only in terms of quick growth, you won't likely give it enough time to germinate.

Reactions: Aveenash

TerryBrock

1. Forget shorts, make long videos. Make real videos.
2. Make a plan to produce a 1,000 videos over the next 10 years. At least 150 to get started.
3. You need to niche down. Your videos range from pimples to teeth to push ups.
4. Buy the book, "How to Shoot Videos That Doesn't Suck" by Steven Stockman, and do everything it says.
5. Most importantly your videos need work. Your content itself simply won't cut it.
6. I don't say these thing to be harsh, it's just that reality is probably different that you expected.
7. You're not guaranteed good result just because you do everything "right." Think of how many well-made TV shows and movies that totally flop. What's more, they have an army of people producing a very well polished, professional work, yet many movies and TV shows still flop. Them's the breaks.

Damn! Damon what you are saying is absolutely right. It is applicable not just for Chris, who courageously left the opening post, but it is appropriate for all of us. Unfortunately, the world just flat out doesn't care that *I* put out a video (I know this can sound strange!) :) They only care if it solves a problem for them.

Thanx to TubeBuddy (I love, love, love this tool!) we can find out more about what people are looking for through Keyword Explorer, A/B testing and several other good tools. I need to use these and learn a lot.

Oh, and I think you are spot-on correct also in saying to make 1,000 videos. I'd agree with you whole heartedly and also add, get feedback from qualified people wherever possible. I could make 1,000 or 100,000 videos but if I don't get good feedback and be brutally honest with myself (ouch!) I won't make progress.

I have a LONG way to go even though I've been producing videos on YouTube since 2006. Thank you for your comments and help. Much appreciated, sir!

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

Damn! Damon what you are saying is absolutely right. It is applicable not just for Chris, who courageously left the opening post, but it is appropriate for all of us. Unfortunately, the world just flat out doesn't care that *I* put out a video (I know this can sound strange!) :) They only care if it solves a problem for them.

Thanx to TubeBuddy (I love, love, love this tool!) we can find out more about what people are looking for through Keyword Explorer, A/B testing and several other good tools. I need to use these and learn a lot.

Oh, and I think you are spot-on correct also in saying to make 1,000 videos. I'd agree with you whole heartedly and also add, get feedback from qualified people wherever possible. I could make 1,000 or 100,000 videos but if I don't get good feedback and be brutally honest with myself (ouch!) I won't make progress.

I have a LONG way to go even though I've been producing videos on YouTube since 2006. Thank you for your comments and help. Much appreciated, sir!

Thank you sir Terry, please, did you look at my channel? do you think is offering any value despite it is short?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am afraid I could not agree with @Damon more. If you are dedicated to Shorts videos more power to you... just don't expect traditional results. YouTube is pushing Shorts because they are breaking into the market and trying to steal real estate from other platforms who are infringing on YouTube's hold for world-dominance as the go to video platform. Do not mistake that for long term value. I know there is a creator fund for Shorts... but be realistic; do not ever expect to make money via Shorts. Things can change, but as the entirety of these platforms is currently constructed there is almost zero chance you ever see a check for a channel based on Shorts videos.

And there is nothing wrong with that. You don't need to be focused on the money. If you are putting out videos to put out videos and short form is your style of art then have at it! But if that is the case there are a couple things we need to look at.

For starters one of the key features of TubeBuddy is the keyword explorer. This gives you insight into the traffic and competition for the keywords you use to help YouTube index and serve your video out to viewers. There is value in using this tool for Shorts videos... but understand that actually ranking for these keyword phrases is based on the performance of your video against the videos which already exist for these keywords and watch time (also CTR) are the basis for judgement here. So you are going to be competing against fifteen years of videos all of which are likely averaging around ten minutes in length (thanks to the ad requirements over the years) and you are competing with one minute videos. That is going to be a tall order. Not an impossible feat, but a very tall order. The expectation here is that you still need to make great thumbnails, titles and you still need to do the keyword research... if your videos have value then there is value in doing them right. But you are going to be sacrificing a lot of the long term, evergreen views that you would normally get with regular content.

The value in Shorts videos is the Tik Tok style algorithm used to serve this content. It's fast. It's easy to get a video placed in front of a million users and you can grow your audience to amazing heights in a ridiculous amount of time. Don't expect to make money off of them. Expect that it will be very difficult to get this audience to respond to CTA's or to click on links in the description (this is a spastic audience focusd on shiny things, they don't cater well to CTA's).

Ok, I'm being long winded and whiney about Shorts here, sorry about that. What can you do to get a better response out of your work? My biggest suggestion is to spend some time really studying the guys on Tik Tok. That's what YouTube wants; they want Tik Tok and thus far the big trend is for people to simply copy/paste their old vids over from Tik Tok. Go watch these guys and make fresh, new content that mimics what caused them to be successful on Tik Tok. Be mindful of trends and jump on them immediately. Continue to put thumbnails, descriptions and metadata in these videos; there is still value in them and a hit can still top search ranks or make the suggested feed and there is value in that as well so you want to be well optimized. But really focus on Tik Tok and follow the trends, styles and tone that made creators successful over there and bring it here with your own fresh spin.

Reactions: chrisuchiim
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

I am afraid I could not agree with @Damon more. If you are dedicated to Shorts videos more power to you... just don't expect traditional results. YouTube is pushing Shorts because they are breaking into the market and trying to steal real estate from other platforms who are infringing on YouTube's hold for world-dominance as the go to video platform. Do not mistake that for long term value. I know there is a creator fund for Shorts... but be realistic; do not ever expect to make money via Shorts. Things can change, but as the entirety of these platforms is currently constructed there is almost zero chance you ever see a check for a channel based on Shorts videos.

And there is nothing wrong with that. You don't need to be focused on the money. If you are putting out videos to put out videos and short form is your style of art then have at it! But if that is the case there are a couple things we need to look at.

For starters one of the key features of TubeBuddy is the keyword explorer. This gives you insight into the traffic and competition for the keywords you use to help YouTube index and serve your video out to viewers. There is value in using this tool for Shorts videos... but understand that actually ranking for these keyword phrases is based on the performance of your video against the videos which already exist for these keywords and watch time (also CTR) are the basis for judgement here. So you are going to be competing against fifteen years of videos all of which are likely averaging around ten minutes in length (thanks to the ad requirements over the years) and you are competing with one minute videos. That is going to be a tall order. Not an impossible feat, but a very tall order. The expectation here is that you still need to make great thumbnails, titles and you still need to do the keyword research... if your videos have value then there is value in doing them right. But you are going to be sacrificing a lot of the long term, evergreen views that you would normally get with regular content.

The value in Shorts videos is the Tik Tok style algorithm used to serve this content. It's fast. It's easy to get a video placed in front of a million users and you can grow your audience to amazing heights in a ridiculous amount of time. Don't expect to make money off of them. Expect that it will be very difficult to get this audience to respond to CTA's or to click on links in the description (this is a spastic audience focusd on shiny things, they don't cater well to CTA's).

Ok, I'm being long winded and whiney about Shorts here, sorry about that. What can you do to get a better response out of your work? My biggest suggestion is to spend some time really studying the guys on Tik Tok. That's what YouTube wants; they want Tik Tok and thus far the big trend is for people to simply copy/paste their old vids over from Tik Tok. Go watch these guys and make fresh, new content that mimics what caused them to be successful on Tik Tok. Be mindful of trends and jump on them immediately. Continue to put thumbnails, descriptions and metadata in these videos; there is still value in them and a hit can still top search ranks or make the suggested feed and there is value in that as well so you want to be well optimized. But really focus on Tik Tok and follow the trends, styles and tone that made creators successful over there and bring it here with your own fresh spin.
Thank you sir, so do you think my short videos offer any form of value?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you sir, so do you think my short videos offer any form of value?

Short videos absolutely offer value. They are entertaining and can provide short doses of education and information to an audience in need of such in small doses. If Shorts videos are what you do then nobody should dissuade you from that. Everyone here just wants you to know that you are putting in a lot of work for something that comes with little reward.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

Guys, like i said before, thw shorts video will be done continuously to enable me to grow faster, i guess not bad so far, most of my traffic are from the shorts feed, i guess if i publish more video i will get more views and grow my channel.

And like i said, monetization method is affiliate marketing, promoting good health related offers, what do you guys think?

shorts result.png

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
thw shorts video will be done continuously to enable me to grow faster

You might want to research Derral Eves views and thoughts on "shorts" on YouTube. He is STRONGLY against them because their bad effect will come later when your channel has more analytics, views, subs, etc. Right now you're only 5 days old. WAY too soon to making predictions and assumptions. I wouldn't even worry about your stats, analytics, audience retention until at least 100 videos are uploaded. Because you need DATA to analyze data. What you've learned, from your viewers, in the past 5 days might be drastically different a month or two from now.

TerryBrock

Thank you sir Terry, please, did you look at my channel? do you think is offering any value despite it is short?
I just looked at your channel. Here's my feedback:
1. I love it! This is really good to see a variety of exercises particularly focused on specific body parts. Thank you!
2. It is more motivational than educational --- and that's a very good thing. Let's face it, often we just don't feel like working out (oh, this NEVER has happened to me--- yeah, that's right, never...) Ha!
3. I would love to see you do these and then put an end card in the last few seconds so we can go over to your playlist with several videos that are longer which show the step-by-step nitty gritty details of how to do the exercise in the right form, how many reps, and other info that would be really helpful.
4. Consider the combo. Do the shorts to inspire us (you do that well). Then give us the option to get more information with some how-to more extended videos. This will help you to build a community.

Keep up the good work!

• Love
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

I just looked at your channel. Here's my feedback:
1. I love it! This is really good to see a variety of exercises particularly focused on specific body parts. Thank you!
2. It is more motivational than educational --- and that's a very good thing. Let's face it, often we just don't feel like working out (oh, this NEVER has happened to me--- yeah, that's right, never...) Ha!
3. I would love to see you do these and then put an end card in the last few seconds so we can go over to your playlist with several videos that are longer which show the step-by-step nitty gritty details of how to do the exercise in the right form, how many reps, and other info that would be really helpful.
4. Consider the combo. Do the shorts to inspire us (you do that well). Then give us the option to get more information with some how-to more extended videos. This will help you to build a community.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much sir, truly am all fired up to do this, it is growing gradually. Truly, I just wish to capitalize on this recent YouTube shorts trend to grow my channel, but the plan is that , after i must have hit the 1k sub and 4000 watch hours, i will begin to do a longer video as it will obviously make me money money, even the shorts cant be monetized except via affiliate link

But so far so good, YouTube is really helping me promote the video.

And thank you sir for the wonderful feedback, noted all you said, and i will try to incorporate to make the whole stuff more interesting.

Please, sir, is my end card not appearing in the last few seconds? do you know how i can achieve this? and this your option 4, please, kindly expatiate a little bit for me ok, like the the extend videos you said

TerryBrock

Thank you so much sir, truly am all fired up to do this, it is growing gradually. Truly, I just wish to capitalize on this recent YouTube shorts trend to grow my channel, but the plan is that , after i must have hit the 1k sub and 4000 watch hours, i will begin to do a longer video as it will obviously make me money money, even the shorts cant be monetized except via affiliate link

But so far so good, YouTube is really helping me promote the video.

And thank you sir for the wonderful feedback, noted all you said, and i will try to incorporate to make the whole stuff more interesting.

Please, sir, is my end card not appearing in the last few seconds? do you know how i can achieve this? and this your option 4, please, kindly expatiate a little bit for me ok, like the the extend videos you said
Yes, you are on the right track. Look at your YouTube Shorts as the beginning to lead people to see you longer, and more involving videos. Keep up the good work and I'll look forward to your more-extended videos.

• Love
OP
OP
C

chrisuchiim

Started experimenting longer videos guys, i will still upload the short videos too, so lets see how it goes.

Please, what is the recommended duration for the long videos?

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Extra Stars Academy

Subscriber Goal
I really love the way everyone helped in analysing and critically helping your channel with great advice and support. I wish someone can analyse mine and tell me what to do. Thanks