• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official How To Get More Views and Subscribers

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, so here is the deal. This is the single most asked question not only on this forum... but in the entire world. I'm being dramatic of course, but the problem is that this gets asked so often that the people who have been around for a while are tired of giving the same answers over and over. So here is the deal; we are going to cover this topic one last time here. If you asked how to gain subscribers or views in the forum then you have been directed to this article and trust me that is a good thing... this is going to be your single best resource for this question. It isn't going to be pretty; there is no single, simple, elegant solution to gaining views. There is no way to purchase fame and fortune and you are not going to game the system. You are going to need to put in work. It will be difficult. It will take away a healthy portion of your free time, it will take years and when you finally get monetized you are going to go months before you even see a check. So sit back and be prepared for this to be a long, multiple-year journey. YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint.

How to Get More Views
The YouTube Search and Discovery Systems (what everyone refers to as the 'algorithm') is not some big bad guy out to destroy your channel. It has been put into place for one very good reason; it puts videos in front of the people who want to see that video. And luckily there are only two things that you really need to do in order for your video to be mega-successful. You need clicks and you need watch time. That is it. That is the magic formula; get viewers to click and when they do keep them watching. There is a third factor... but we'll cover that in a moment. For right now let's focus on the big two; clicks and watch time.

Getting clicks comes down to crafting clever titles that captivate the viewer. It needs to be intriguing; it should compel the viewer to stop scrolling and click your video. It also comes down to your thumbnails. The image that you use for your thumbnail doesn't need to be the single most impressive piece of graphic design ever... but it needs to be something that visually captures the attention of the viewer and compels them to click. It needs to captivate them. You need to spend time learning how to crat a title and design a thumbnail that not only describes the topic of your video but it needs to grab attention. Side note: do not make clickbait thumbnails/titles. It isn't a fine line. Just don't do it. That's bad and we shouldn't need to explain why.

Watch time is the other most-important factor. There isn't a whole lot to cover here, but basically if you are not getting your viewers to watch a good portion of your video then why on Earth would they watch another video or even consider subscribing? This is the single most important thing you need to focus on... Make Great Videos!!! You ay not be great yet. It may take 100 videos. It took Mr. Beast 400. If you want to grow your subscriber base you should spend the next 100 videos learning how to improve your content to make it more interesting, more entertaining and more valuable for the viewer so that they not only watch longer but so that they want to click on the next video and share them all with their friends. That is how you get views.

Nick Nimmin has an excellent video about gaining views on YouTube, I highly suggest watching this if you have never done so:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7uoNdROg4Y&t=567s

Right now is when you are asking but how can I get these views and watch time if YouTube isn't sharing out my videos? The better your videos perform the more YouTube is going to share them out. But you also have some measure of control over who YouTube shares your video out to. If you learn how to optimize your videos for search then you can put your video in front of people searching for the topic and get a ton of views that way. You need to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and you are going to spend long hours researching the keyword phrases necessary to put your videos on the top of the search ranks... but it works. And a library of 100, 400 or 1,000 videos all performing in the search ranks will provide a solid foundation of views and income for years. If you are new to this and you are unfamiliar with SEO here is a video to get you started:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqfpr91CCA

How to Gain Subscribers
People aren't numbers. Quit thinking about these human beings as a collection of numbers and start thinking about the person that represents that number. You are speaking to a person... how would you like a person to speak to you? Do you subscribe to YouTube channels who constantly spend their time talking about their own YouTube channel and are always reminding you to Subscribe? Or would you prefer if they were more social. Do you want someone who takes the time to explain the topic that you are wanting to watch a video about. Maybe you want someone who is approachable. Above all the single most effective thing that you can do to gain subscribers is to provide value. You need to be an authority in your niche; either be really good at what you do, be really entertaining about what you do or at the very least do it differently than anybody has ever done it. This is how it works; a human being clicks on your video because your thumbnail sold them on this being the video they need. They watched it because the content was strong. They subscribed to you because you provided the value, the personality and the experience that they needed now and will need again in the future. The more you can increase your value, your experience and your personality the more people are going to subscribe. You need to have a call to action... called a CTA these are the visual and audio prompts that you provide to remind the viewer to subscribe. It is entirely possible that they are so enthralled with your work that they forget to subscribe before the video ends. But make no mistakes; all the CTA's in the world are not going to convince someone to subscribe if you are not providing the value that they desire.
More is always more... per Roberto Blake:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLrcMYRRCg

So this is it; this is everything that you need to know to begin your journey on YouTube and start growing your Channel, your audience and your exposure. It does not happen over night; this will take time and as many people will tell you the first thing you need to do is to focus on making that first 100 videos. You are going to make mistakes. You have things that you are going to need to learn and nobody can explain it to you. You are going to be a different, better creator 100 videos from now and it is important to go through that portion of the process. This is not the fun part of the process. Nobody enjoys being the channel with 17 subscribers trying to work their way towards 1,000 and 4,000 hours of watch time. But it is an extremely important part of the process that you must grow through.

We are here for you. We are a community of creators who are all at various stages of this journey and we all have a wealth of experience to share and to gain from you. We are here to bounce ideas off each other and help to brainstorm. We are all here to learn the different elements of graphic design, marketing, editing, scripting, filming and optimizing our videos. Welcome to the community!

Now take a deep breathe... get yourself a cup of coffee and clear your head. It's time to get to work!

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This isn't about procedure or style. And I know not everyone wants to actually read an article, especially when they think that their content is sooo different that it can not be affected by the advise meant for the masses. But the fact of the matter is that there are some rudimentary things ou can do to affect your view and subscriber counts. You are going to have to put in the work... and doing things like actually reading the article and taking the constructive criticism to heart to improve your content is all part of the 'work' involved.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Just thought YT could also start rewarding creators who are doing great and yet not getting the much needed views and subs, as a way of encouragement and motivation to be strong. Otherwise many could just abandon an otherwise good creative stuff they are are offering for not hitting the threshold.

What kind of reward should YT give beginning creators? I see YT constantly refining their programs and outreach to creators to help them get started and stay the course. They have many programs and education resources encouraging YTubers to keep going. This doesn't include the many independent websites, forums, and videos who keep telling people to persevere and what it takes to grow. The people who do it are the ones rewarded.

In my view, everywhere I turn, there is encouragement. But at the end of the day, as Stanley (and many other experienced Ytubers say), it often comes down to doing the work. And when I say work, this is not factory work where you make the same widgets day in and day out. This is "creative work" in the "creator economy". Not everyone is cut out for creative work.

Also, some people do YT as a hobby but many people (like me) want to monetize the effort. Anyone who decides to monetize is automatically inducted to the world of entrepreneurship whether they know it or not. As such, the entrepreneurial spirit gets involved. Some people have it, some people don't, others need to nurture and develop it.

It is entirely possible, I myself will never get to where I want to go on YT but that is MY issue, not because there is a lack of encouragement or incentives. You would be more hardpressed to find resources DISCOURAGING doing YT.

This very forum is being provided by TB to help support people persevere and succeed on YT. It always comes down to doing the hard work.

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
What kind of reward should YT give beginning creators? I see YT constantly refining their programs and outreach to creators to help them get started and stay the course. They have many programs and education resources encouraging YTubers to keep going. This doesn't include the many independent websites, forums, and videos who keep telling people to persevere and what it takes to grow. The people who do it are the ones rewarded.

In my view, everywhere I turn, there is encouragement. But at the end of the day, as Stanley (and many other experienced Ytubers say), it often comes down to doing the work. And when I say work, this is not factory work where you make the same widgets day in and day out. This is "creative work" in the "creator economy". Not everyone is cut out for creative work.

Also, some people do YT as a hobby but many people (like me) want to monetize the effort. Anyone who decides to monetize is automatically inducted to the world of entrepreneurship whether they know it or not. As such, the entrepreneurial spirit gets involved. Some people have it, some people don't, others need to nurture and develop it.

It is entirely possible, I myself will never get to where I want to go on YT but that is MY issue, not because there is a lack of encouragement or incentives. You would be more hardpressed to find resources DISCOURAGING doing YT.

This very forum is being provided by TB to help support people persevere and succeed on YT. It always comes down to doing the hard work.

I don't really believe in a 'reward' system. They are considering copying TubeBuddy's Milestone certificates which is kinda cool (but also... get something new guys! lol). But rewards? My problem with this is that it attracts the wrong element to the platform. It brings in people to contribute who aren't necessarily in it because they are passionate about what they are making content about, they begin filling the platform with some really undesirable content simply for the same of these rewards. We already see this issue with the sub4sub crowd and the people who think adsense is going to payout millions of dollars and all you have to do is post a video from your phone to go viral.

If anything I do think that YouTube should spend some time trying to figure out how to encourage smaller, newer creators who make really unique content. I've seen a TON of amazing channels with 400 subscribers, guys who went to school for their craft and have a passion for storytelling and cinematography. Fostering those skilled individuals who really shine and are basically 100k channels which just haven't produced enough content is the route that would most benefit all of us.

If we can increase the skill level, the talent and the overall quality of work that is featured on YouTube we increase the watch time by the public and we increase the value for advertisers. That in turn means more money for everyone and more opportunity for those who made it through the quagmire of those first 100 videos, 100 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time. Rather than cramming creators onto the platform we increase the value of the creators who persevere.

Joe114

Ok, so here is the deal. This is the single most asked question not only on this forum... but in the entire world. I'm being dramatic of course, but the problem is that this gets asked so often that the people who have been around for a while are tired of giving the same answers over and over. So here is the deal; we are going to cover this topic one last time here. If you asked how to gain subscribers or views in the forum then you have been directed to this article and trust me that is a good thing... this is going to be your single best resource for this question. It isn't going to be pretty; there is no single, simple, elegant solution to gaining views. There is no way to purchase fame and fortune and you are not going to game the system. You are going to need to put in work. It will be difficult. It will take away a healthy portion of your free time, it will take years and when you finally get monetized you are going to go months before you even see a check. So sit back and be prepared for this to be a long, multiple-year journey. YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint.

How to Get More Views
The YouTube Search and Discovery Systems (what everyone refers to as the 'algorithm') is not some big bad guy out to destroy your channel. It has been put into place for one very good reason; it puts videos in front of the people who want to see that video. And luckily there are only two things that you really need to do in order for your video to be mega-successful. You need clicks and you need watch time. That is it. That is the magic formula; get viewers to click and when they do keep them watching. There is a third factor... but we'll cover that in a moment. For right now let's focus on the big two; clicks and watch time.

Getting clicks comes down to crafting clever titles that captivate the viewer. It needs to be intriguing; it should compel the viewer to stop scrolling and click your video. It also comes down to your thumbnails. The image that you use for your thumbnail doesn't need to be the single most impressive piece of graphic design ever... but it needs to be something that visually captures the attention of the viewer and compels them to click. It needs to captivate them. You need to spend time learning how to crat a title and design a thumbnail that not only describes the topic of your video but it needs to grab attention. Side note: do not make clickbait thumbnails/titles. It isn't a fine line. Just don't do it. That's bad and we shouldn't need to explain why.

Watch time is the other most-important factor. There isn't a whole lot to cover here, but basically if you are not getting your viewers to watch a good portion of your video then why on Earth would they watch another video or even consider subscribing? This is the single most important thing you need to focus on... Make Great Videos!!! You ay not be great yet. It may take 100 videos. It took Mr. Beast 400. If you want to grow your subscriber base you should spend the next 100 videos learning how to improve your content to make it more interesting, more entertaining and more valuable for the viewer so that they not only watch longer but so that they want to click on the next video and share them all with their friends. That is how you get views.

Nick Nimmin has an excellent video about gaining views on YouTube, I highly suggest watching this if you have never done so:

Right now is when you are asking but how can I get these views and watch time if YouTube isn't sharing out my videos? The better your videos perform the more YouTube is going to share them out. But you also have some measure of control over who YouTube shares your video out to. If you learn how to optimize your videos for search then you can put your video in front of people searching for the topic and get a ton of views that way. You need to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and you are going to spend long hours researching the keyword phrases necessary to put your videos on the top of the search ranks... but it works. And a library of 100, 400 or 1,000 videos all performing in the search ranks will provide a solid foundation of views and income for years. If you are new to this and you are unfamiliar with SEO here is a video to get you started:

How to Gain Subscribers
People aren't numbers. Quit thinking about these human beings as a collection of numbers and start thinking about the person that represents that number. You are speaking to a person... how would you like a person to speak to you? Do you subscribe to YouTube channels who constantly spend their time talking about their own YouTube channel and are always reminding you to Subscribe? Or would you prefer if they were more social. Do you want someone who takes the time to explain the topic that you are wanting to watch a video about. Maybe you want someone who is approachable. Above all the single most effective thing that you can do to gain subscribers is to provide value. You need to be an authority in your niche; either be really good at what you do, be really entertaining about what you do or at the very least do it differently than anybody has ever done it. This is how it works; a human being clicks on your video because your thumbnail sold them on this being the video they need. They watched it because the content was strong. They subscribed to you because you provided the value, the personality and the experience that they needed now and will need again in the future. The more you can increase your value, your experience and your personality the more people are going to subscribe. You need to have a call to action... called a CTA these are the visual and audio prompts that you provide to remind the viewer to subscribe. It is entirely possible that they are so enthralled with your work that they forget to subscribe before the video ends. But make no mistakes; all the CTA's in the world are not going to convince someone to subscribe if you are not providing the value that they desire.

So this is it; this is everything that you need to know to begin your journey on YouTube and start growing your Channel, your audience and your exposure. It does not happen overnight; this will take time and as many people will tell you the first thing you need to do is to focus on making that first 100 videos. You are going to make mistakes. You have things that you are going to need to learn and nobody can explain it to you. You are going to be a different, better creator 100 videos from now and it is important to go through that portion of the process. This is not the fun part of the process. Nobody enjoys being the channel with 17 subscribers trying to work their way towards 1,000 and 4,000 hours of watch time. But it is an extremely important part of the process that you must grow through.

We are here for you. We are a community of creators who are all at various stages of this journey and we all have a wealth of experience to share and to gain from you. We are here to bounce ideas off each other and help to brainstorm. We are all here to learn the different elements of graphic design, marketing, editing, scripting, filming and optimizing our videos. Welcome to the community!

Now take a deep breathe... get yourself a cup of coffee and clear your head. It's time to get to work!
I will Work and follow these steps... Thanks for the help

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I don't really believe in a 'reward' system. They are considering copying TubeBuddy's Milestone certificates which is kinda cool (but also... get something new guys! lol). But rewards? My problem with this is that it attracts the wrong element to the platform. It brings in people to contribute who aren't necessarily in it because they are passionate about what they are making content about, they begin filling the platform with some really undesirable content simply for the same of these rewards. We already see this issue with the sub4sub crowd and the people who think adsense is going to payout millions of dollars and all you have to do is post a video from your phone to go viral.

If anything I do think that YouTube should spend some time trying to figure out how to encourage smaller, newer creators who make really unique content. I've seen a TON of amazing channels with 400 subscribers, guys who went to school for their craft and have a passion for storytelling and cinematography. Fostering those skilled individuals who really shine and are basically 100k channels which just haven't produced enough content is the route that would most benefit all of us.

If we can increase the skill level, the talent and the overall quality of work that is featured on YouTube we increase the watch time by the public and we increase the value for advertisers. That in turn means more money for everyone and more opportunity for those who made it through the quagmire of those first 100 videos, 100 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time. Rather than cramming creators onto the platform we increase the value of the creators who persevere.

I really like the milestones approach. I refer to the TB app all the time to keep track of my next milestone. I monitor both the TB's milestone system and VidIQ's achievement system. VidIQ's achievement system is very cool too but it is not on their app so I have to always go to my desktop for that.

These two tracking systems very much help me psychologically. It is very tough to get to 100 videos (which I should crossover this week) but it has been a great learning experience. I am also close to the 100 subscriber mark also which has been tough but has picked up in the last 2-3 months.

To me, there is SO much good info freely available by experienced YTubers. I pick up so much nuggets from others, I've never felt I needed anyone to consult with yet. But, as you have said, and my own experiences being in business, it always comes to putting in the hard work.

YorkshireRose

Subscriber Goal

How to Get More Views

How to Gain Subscribers

So this is it; this is everything that you need to know to begin your journey on YouTube and start growing your Channel, your audience and your exposure. It does not happen over night; this will take time and as many people will tell you the first thing you need to do is to focus on making that first 100 videos. You are going to make mistakes. You have things that you are going to need to learn and nobody can explain it to you. You are going to be a different, better creator 100 videos from now and it is important to go through that portion of the process. This is not the fun part of the process. Nobody enjoys being the channel with 17 subscribers trying to work their way towards 1,000 and 4,000 hours of watch time. But it is an extremely important part of the process that you must grow through.

Thank you. Very interesting. Very important. I make so many mistakes. I only have a few videos so far, yet already I have learned so much that I could improve each one. And IΓÇÖve realised we have to learn by doing. We canΓÇÖt hit perfection no matter how many videos weΓÇÖve watched about the topic. We have t learn by doing alongside learning from the ΓÇ£how toΓÇ¥ videos.

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you. Very interesting. Very important. I make so many mistakes. I only have a few videos so far, yet already I have learned so much that I could improve each one. And IΓÇÖve realised we have to learn by doing. We canΓÇÖt hit perfection no matter how many videos weΓÇÖve watched about the topic. We have t learn by doing alongside learning from the ΓÇ£how toΓÇ¥ videos.
You have only made a few videos... that makes this the perfect time to make mistakes! Go have fun, see what works. It's going to take you 100 videos or more to figure things out (and you'll still be figuring things out after that). So take advantage of this. Make those mistakes and learn those lessons. There is valuable information hidden behind every mistake.

Explorer Gaming

Saiiddesigns
TubeBuddy Pro
saiiddesigns.epizy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much for all the information you have given. Youtube as anything in life needs a lot of time energy and hard work to make it work. Providing value and being different is the most important t element o consider when starting your journey because simply put, there are dozens of other people just like you who want the same thing and post the same thing every day, so you get lost in that deep blue sea, "sorry for the reference I could not think of something better". Anyhow, that is when these forums and communities come into place, by helping each other we rise, not only one at a time but all of us together because we have something a lot of other people don't have, Patience, dedication, and love for what we do. We are Content creators.

Meds

How to Get More Views

How to Gain Subscribers

thank you for this overload information it helps me a lot of lesson and idea to improve my channel!!!

DebuJalanan

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

How to Get More Views

How to Gain Subscribers

Thank you for this. I already have over 200 posts but still learning.

REVISTA STYLLUS

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
O youtube já voltou com minha monetização 3 vezes. E quando volta desmonetiza dizendo que tenho algum vídeo que infringe o regulamento. Mas fica difícil pois não indica qual o vídeo que está infringindo o regulamento. E já exclui dezenas e quando acho que a monetização vai retornar bloqueiam novamente por mais 30 dias. Alguém nesse fórum poderia me ajudar a resolver esse problema já já pendura por alguns meses? FICARIA MUITO AGRADECIDO SE ALGUÉM CONSEGUIR ME AJUDAR.

• Love
Reactions: malditzTV
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
O youtube já voltou com minha monetização 3 vezes. E quando volta desmonetiza dizendo que tenho algum vídeo que infringe o regulamento. Mas fica difícil pois não indica qual o vídeo que está infringindo o regulamento. E já exclui dezenas e quando acho que a monetização vai retornar bloqueiam novamente por mais 30 dias. Alguém nesse fórum poderia me ajudar a resolver esse problema já já pendura por alguns meses? FICARIA MUITO AGRADECIDO SE ALGUÉM CONSEGUIR ME AJUDAR.
Receio que, sem passar pela sua biblioteca de conteúdo, ninguém aqui será capaz de lhe dar uma resposta específica para o seu problema. Você deve entrar em contato com o suporte do YouTube para perguntas. Sugiro entrar em contato com eles via @TeamYouTube no Twitter, pois eles parecem responder bem lá.