• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Feedback on my thumbnail

mrinal90

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Would you watch the video based on the thumbnail?
IMG-20210812-WA0009.jpg

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The only issue I have is with some of the fonts. Even at this size, the first 2 lines of text are a bit hard to read. Image it on a mobile app or the search list on a desktop browser. I think the bottom font works best. Easier to read.

Reactions: mrinal90

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
That's a good thumbnail but I'm the same as Brave Starr with the find being hard to read but apart from that it's a good thumbnail.

Reactions: mrinal90

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
Well showing the end result, with a very good up-close photo is great. But 36 characters of text on the image not so much (I'm going off average's here from what I know and have observed, always check your competition to see what they are doing and how you measure up and if they're doing the same thing as you). Other words are a lot of them using over 30 characters, etc. The dominant color would probably come out to be purple or maroon which is "Ok." White would be better, and there is a close-up of the plate but I don't think it's enough white to overcome the color of the food itself and the background, plus the background of the "Mrinal's FoodHub."

Just my two cents.

Eric Kua

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Sorry i think the photo is a bit overexposed. The natural lighting didn't make this look appetizing to me (although i'm actually hungry now). Maybe you want to try taking studio shoots where you can control the lighting better?

Eric Kua

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Is this a good thumbnail?

I'm not sure what this is about. Reaction to what? A normal picture of a basketball player? Also, not a gd idea to cover your expression with the words.

A good thumbnail either has self-explanatory pictures or a title that arouses curiosity. Attached is a few examples.

Your video is a reaction video, so maybe thumbnail1 is a good reference.

Attachments

• thumbnail4.JPG
    thumbnail4.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 210
  • thumbnail3.JPG
    thumbnail3.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 209
  • thumbnail2.JPG
    thumbnail2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 212
  • thumbnail1.JPG
    thumbnail1.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 202

ProfessorMoe

Except for what @Brave Starr mentioned about the font, I think this thumbnail is really good!
if you think the thumbnail is really good, then you don't need anyone's opinion on it or you should be open to any kind of criticism.
it looks good defiantly, but it could be better, just like everyone said, fonts could make a big change, and I would say color tone didn't get it.
if you want to make a better thumbnail, I think colors could make a big change

Jon Chaffin

TubeBuddy Pro
I would suggest considering off set colors like the white/red colors with the middle. It stands out more and doesn't blend with the organic colors of the focus point.