• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Trying To Standout

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I've got an upcoming video but I've been doing lots of reading about CTR and how it relates to SEO and Thumbnails so I've drafted up two thumbnails for an upcoming video which I'm due to public in 2-3 days time, I was just wondering what you all thought of them and if any changes need to be done to make them even better or just to build on.
V1:
Mango Lassi Thumbnail.jpg

V2:
Mango Lassi Thumbnail v2.jpg

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I suspect the glass color is causing the drink color to look a bit "muddy". I would focus on improving the color of the glasses. Right now that is more of detractor to me personally than the background options.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer
OP
OP
The Kitchen Gamer

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I suspect the glass color is causing the drink color to look a bit "muddy". I would focus on improving the color of the glasses. Right now that is more of detractor to me personally than the background options.

I think that the design of the second glass should be transparent, I vote for the background V2.

Thank you for the feedback and I've done a small bit of design change which I only include one of the two glasses.

Mango Lassi Thumbnail v2.jpg

Reactions: JM Artist

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the second image with the dual color background. However, I would suggest making the drinks a slight bit smaller so as to not overwhelm the entire thumbnail and it doesn't fall outside of the thumbnail size, and I also suggest reducing the size of the stroke around the cups and your image. It doesn't need to be so wide and in my opinion, makes the image look cluttered and exaggerated. But of course, that's just my opinion.

Reactions: The Kitchen Gamer