• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Detailed Channel Review please

Art Nation

TubeBuddy User
User name: Art Nation
Title of thread: Detailed Channel Review please
Self review: I started my channel almost 3 months ago. I did almost everything I could do to make it grow. I use tags for videos. I have a banner for my channel. I post videos timely. But still my views, likes and subscriber count is very low. Is my channel really growing slow or is it just my wrong thinking? How can I increase my channel growth? Do you think my channel is worth subscribing for viewers?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp09IGhXxqcNcmqxQRwmnOA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41659/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For starters let me say that your videos are really cool... I foresee you doing one that goes viral in the near future. In fact I would suggest targeting virality; you can do that by doing drawings based on the trends that top Twitter or the Newsfeeds at any given time. Just look at who is in the news on any given morning and hammer out one of these videos while that topic is still a trend.

I would suggest focusing on several key criteria for improvement;

Thumbnails
They aren't bad... but they also are not the mind-blowing thumbnails you need to really catch someone's attention. Look at the thumbnails from your competitors, learn from what they do right and what they do wrong. You need your thumbnails to be better than theirs (or you need them to stand out from theirs). Improving your CTR needs to be priority number one!

Give More Details/Explanation
When I first saw your page and your thumbnails I had no idea what you were about. I knew it was art, but I did not get a thorough idea of what you did until I saw it in action. That is typical for your audience; unless they know what they are going to see they are not going to be interested. Give us a cool explanation of what you do and why it is valuable for them to watch your videos in the banner. Your thumbnails/titles should be a little more descriptive regarding what they are about.

Keep Them Guessing
I always stress improving your watch time. You need to be improving the amount of time people spend watching your videos, period. I don't need to see a single persons analytics to tell them that this is something that should always be improved upon. Add conversation via text, pop-up facts about the stars you are drawing or why they are in the news or why you chose this person to draw, maybe include text about how you are doing what you do, why it works or how you learned to do it. This will increase retention at those times when viewers begin to dwindle. Also I would encourage you to include your Subscribe Call to Action early in the video, like in the first two minutes. This will help to increase the amount of subscribers you get.

OP
OP
Art Nation

Art Nation

TubeBuddy User
For starters let me say that your videos are really cool... I foresee you doing one that goes viral in the near future. In fact I would suggest targeting virality; you can do that by doing drawings based on the trends that top Twitter or the Newsfeeds at any given time. Just look at who is in the news on any given morning and hammer out one of these videos while that topic is still a trend.

I would suggest focusing on several key criteria for improvement;

Thumbnails
They aren't bad... but they also are not the mind-blowing thumbnails you need to really catch someone's attention. Look at the thumbnails from your competitors, learn from what they do right and what they do wrong. You need your thumbnails to be better than theirs (or you need them to stand out from theirs). Improving your CTR needs to be priority number one!

Give More Details/Explanation
When I first saw your page and your thumbnails I had no idea what you were about. I knew it was art, but I did not get a thorough idea of what you did until I saw it in action. That is typical for your audience; unless they know what they are going to see they are not going to be interested. Give us a cool explanation of what you do and why it is valuable for them to watch your videos in the banner. Your thumbnails/titles should be a little more descriptive regarding what they are about.

Keep Them Guessing
I always stress improving your watch time. You need to be improving the amount of time people spend watching your videos, period. I don't need to see a single persons analytics to tell them that this is something that should always be improved upon. Add conversation via text, pop-up facts about the stars you are drawing or why they are in the news or why you chose this person to draw, maybe include text about how you are doing what you do, why it works or how you learned to do it. This will increase retention at those times when viewers begin to dwindle. Also I would encourage you to include your Subscribe Call to Action early in the video, like in the first two minutes. This will help to increase the amount of subscribers you get.
Okayyy Thank you so much for your feedback. I will work upon it. :)

Reactions: Yaneliswa khoza

The Decent Coder

Okayyy Thank you so much for your feedback. I will work upon it. :)
Try to expand a bit and grasp audience attention within the initial phase.I knew it was art, but I did not get a thorough idea of what you did until I saw it in action. That is typical for your audience; unless they know what they are going to see they are not going to be interested. Give us a cool explanation of what you do and why it is valuable for them to watch your videos in the banner. Your thumbnails/titles should be a little more descriptive regarding what they are about.

Yaneliswa khoza

Subscriber Goal
User name: Art Nation
Title of thread: Detailed Channel Review please
Self review: I started my channel almost 3 months ago. I did almost everything I could do to make it grow. I use tags for videos. I have a banner for my channel. I post videos timely. But still my views, likes and subscriber count is very low. Is my channel really growing slow or is it just my wrong thinking? How can I increase my channel growth? Do you think my channel is worth subscribing for viewers?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp09IGhXxqcNcmqxQRwmnOA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41659/
You have awsome channel right
I think you need to use more #tags on your videos
And also in your titles trying using #tags