• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to get watch hours easily

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is one of the single most frequently-asked questions here. Did you read through the existing posts on this topic before posting your question? If you didn't - and I think we both know you didn't - you should start there.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree with @SILTHW one of the biggest problems that affects the so many creators is the mindset that there is a quick and easy fix to the problem of 'growing fast.' There isn't. This post is a direct reflection of that mindset; rather than taking a moment to see what others had said in response to a question that was asked many times before it is easier simply to come in and make a quick post asking the question in the hopes someone gives you some quick answer.

You (and anyone reading this in the future) need to realize that there is no quick fix; there is no hack or scam or trick to growing a huge following and becoming a mega-rich and famous YouTuber. You are going to have to put in the work. You are going to have to put in the research. It is going to take time and in that time you are going to question your skills and performance as others pass you up from videos that are likely far worse than yours. You are going to receive hateful comments or worse, no comments at all. You are going to make great videos that totally flame out and you are going to make total waste-of-time videos which are going to explode. You are going to run the full gamut of emotions.

Be ready for this; it is a rollercoaster that does not stop. it is those who acclimate to the ride who last the longest. Focus on making great videos and let the data be your guide. That is the best advice you can get.

Kathermohamed

The most important part, actually, is consistency So you need to post simultaneously in your channel. In the same way that Google wants you to post at least once per week on your blog to keep it timely and fresh for organic search, YouTube wants you to post videos frequently to keep your channel active and fresh for search. and also don't change your channel name in the middle once you fixed one name let it be.

Reactions: Damon

Cazuu

Subscriber Goal
They have said it all
In addition try and make good video that is not less than 5 minutes and be consistent ...

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Success = doing the right things for very long periods of time. Your question(s) should be, "What are the right things to do?" and "How to I set about doing them for the next decade without burning out?"

A person who asks either of those two questions is bound for success because they get it. A person who doesn't know those questions exist isn't ready for this.

Reactions: Cazuu

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ok most said it already. but here's one more:

Recently i started doing live streams (cooking in my garden) on youtube, within the same topic/theme of my channel.
besides the live views, also after the stream it is being watched. both count as watching hours

Reactions: Cazuu

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I found adding live streams to my weekly cycle has really helped in this regard. If I stream for 2 hours and one person sticks around for the full thing then that's 2 hours of watchtime! I am a gaming channel though and live stream ideas are fairly easy.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
false.
if you don't know what you are talking about, quit it.

1.you can get famous via hacks tricks, or budgets.
there are tricks like fake views to boost yourself in the algorithm.

2. if you observe the musics labels prompting industry plants/artists.
it's massive promotion budgets with fake views and ads to gain massive reach and millions of subs in less time.

3. youtube ads.
if you have the budget to buy 10M ad views or 100M ad views, you can gain millions of subs in a short period.
you can obviously build other business or income sources to fund this as growth to gain massive audience.
it's as easy as buying 100M ad views to gain around approximately 5 to 10M subs by the end of that campaign

Entirely and wholeheartedly incorrect.

1. Nobody gets famous with hacks. Not one. In fact bought/bot views will ruin a channel; if you buy 1,000 subs then every time you publish a video that is 1,000 accounts which 'see' your video and don't watch it. This tanks your video reception and sends a signal to YouTube that this content is not worth sharing. Also the lack of engagement and watch time with these fake-account views is going to ruin your video performance. I have literally worked with channels that have 2 million subscribers and can't hit 100 views on a video due to this issue.

2. The music industry doesn't use fake views... they run ads. There is a difference. And to compete with this issue YouTube made a change to the value of these 'ad views' to where ad views for music videos do not count in the first 24 hours. The prevents immediate exposure to trending and suggested traffic. Still an issue to be sure... but how many of us here are musicians trying to grow a music career? Because otherwise this doesn't affect us.

3. Gain all the subs you want... who cares? As much as we all want those big-time numbers the fact of the matter is that sub counts are near valueless. If they don't watch your content, and their lack of engagement ruins the performance of your video then what do they matter? You aren't getting ad views from fake subs, and honestly anybody who has ten-minutes experience with YouTube can tell you that a 2 million subscriber channel with 200,000 views is nothing short of embarrassing.

I am not sure where your information is coming from, but I would highly recommend checking your sources. What you are standing for is an absolute sure-fire way to ruin a channel.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Good thumbnails, titles, SEO, ads... whatever you use to get views will only get you so far. Once they click on your vid - good content is what will keep them there. Find out what your target audience wants, and try to provide that for them. The watch time will come.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
What are the best means of getting watch hours easily?

For me getting watch time was far easier than getting subs. I got 4k hours before I got 200 subs.

But it basically comes down to three ways:
1. Have more videos for people to watch.
2. Make people watch your videos for longer.
3. Have more people watch your videos.

1. Lets say that your videos on average get 100 views and people on average watch for 1 min. Then you get 100 min watch time for each video. If your channel have 10 videos that's about 16.67 watch hours. If you create 10 new videos you have doubled the amount of watch hours.

2. People are only watching your videos for 1 min each on average, but your videos may be 9 min long. They are stopping early! If you manage to increase your audience retention from 1 min to 2 min you have doubled your watch hours. This comes down to a few things, first the quality of your videos but there are also a lot of other factors, maybe your title or thumbnail was misleading so people stop watching asap since the content don't match their expectations. Maybe you need to improve on your story telling skills to keep your audience interested longer.

A good tool to increase your audience retention is to watch your analytic, when do people stop watching. Maybe you realize that you have a 25 second long intro and lose 50% of the viewers during it since then don't want to wait for the content. Maybe you realize that at the 1 min mark you go off topic and start rambling and lose another 50% etc. Use this information when you film and edit your future videos.

3. If 200 people on average watch your videos you double your watch time compared to the 100 people you used to have. But how do you get more viewers, well there is a million ways. But 1 and 2 will help, more videos = more ways for new people to find your channel. Higher audience retention = bigger chance that YouTube will recommend your videos to more people.

brotherbear800

I agree with @SILTHW one of the biggest problems that affects the so many creators is the mindset that there is a quick and easy fix to the problem of 'growing fast.' There isn't. This post is a direct reflection of that mindset; rather than taking a moment to see what others had said in response to a question that was asked many times before it is easier simply to come in and make a quick post asking the question in the hopes someone gives you some quick answer.

You (and anyone reading this in the future) need to realize that there is no quick fix; there is no hack or scam or trick to growing a huge following and becoming a mega-rich and famous YouTuber. You are going to have to put in the work. You are going to have to put in the research. It is going to take time and in that time you are going to question your skills and performance as others pass you up from videos that are likely far worse than yours. You are going to receive hateful comments or worse, no comments at all. You are going to make great videos that totally flame out and you are going to make total waste-of-time videos which are going to explode. You are going to run the full gamut of emotions.

Be ready for this; it is a rollercoaster that does not stop. it is those who acclimate to the ride who last the longest. Focus on making great videos and let the data be your guide. That is the best advice you can get.
false.
if you don't know what you are talking about, quit it.

1.you can get famous via hacks tricks, or budgets.
there are tricks like fake views to boost yourself in the algorithm.

2. if you observe the musics labels prompting industry plants/artists.
it's massive promotion budgets with fake views and ads to gain massive reach and millions of subs in less time.

3. youtube ads.
if you have the budget to buy 10M ad views or 100M ad views, you can gain millions of subs in a short period.
you can obviously build other business or income sources to fund this as growth to gain massive audience.
it's as easy as buying 100M ad views to gain around approximately 5 to 10M subs by the end of that campaign