• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Detailed feedback about my channel

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Sumi Kakati
Title of thread: Detailed feedback about my channel
Self review: Hi everyone. My channel is on Handmade craft ideas. I upload videos weekly. I believe I make good videos and I have tried to give title, description and keywords with good SEO. I used to get good views earlier but now my views have decreased. So I want to know what others think about my channel. Does my content and thumbnails compel you to watch the video or it is boring. Or my videos are not upto the mark? Please provide your valuable feedback.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC_rX8lghjCWYflJN5Qsmmsg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41747/

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First, let me say that you have a great looking channel. The banner is well done. One suggestion I would have is to eliminate the links to your social media sites on the right side. You should consider replacing them with a link to subscribe to your channel. Basically, YouTube is not fond of links that can make viewers leave the website.

You also have an amazing number of subscribers already though sadly your views don't match your sub count. I did notice that at one point you stopped making videos for about 7 months and started again about 3 months ago. This is where your view count took a big hit. It could be that the YouTube algorithm might have labeled your channel as inactive and has not had enough time or enough videos since to analyze your channel and start sharing your content again. In essence that 7 month span kinda reset your channel within the algorithm so it's kinda like starting from the beginning. This might have also affected your subscribers who were no longer seeing your videos and thus might not be noticing them.

The best advice I can give is to simply keep creating content, look at the analytics of each video and study what is getting them viewed and where you might be losing your viewers and work to find a way to get them to watch longer by changing what doesn't work and expand on what does work. You have to accept that in a way you're kinda like a new channel after those 7 months without content.

I would also recommend using more consistent thumbnails. You have some really nice thumbnails, but they change a lot. Some have text, others dont. Some have boxes that help make the text stand out. You should try picking one type of thumbnails style, make a template of it and use that template on all your videos from here on out. It helps create a brand. Your videos will be more easily recognizable during searches. Remember, your thumbnails are the first thing viewers see, your first impressions, your first line of attention catching. I personally like the thumbnail styles you have on the 3 videos below. You should try using those styles on all future videos.

Sumi's Creation .png

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First, let me say that you have a great looking channel. The banner is well done. One suggestion I would have is to eliminate the links to your social media sites on the right side. You should consider replacing them with a link to subscribe to your channel. Basically, YouTube is not fond of links that can make viewers leave the website.

You also have an amazing number of subscribers already though sadly your views don't match your sub count. I did notice that at one point you stopped making videos for about 7 months and started again about 3 months ago. This is where your view count took a big hit. It could be that the YouTube algorithm might have labeled your channel as inactive and has not had enough time or enough videos since to analyze your channel and start sharing your content again. In essence that 7 month span kinda reset your channel within the algorithm so it's kinda like starting from the beginning. This might have also affected your subscribers who were no longer seeing your videos and thus might not be noticing them.

The best advice I can give is to simply keep creating content, look at the analytics of each video and study what is getting them viewed and where you might be losing your viewers and work to find a way to get them to watch longer by changing what doesn't work and expand on what does work. You have to accept that in a way you're kinda like a new channel after those 7 months without content.

I would also recommend using more consistent thumbnails. You have some really nice thumbnails, but they change a lot. Some have text, others dont. Some have boxes that help make the text stand out. You should try picking one type of thumbnails style, make a template of it and use that template on all your videos from here on out. It helps create a brand. Your videos will be more easily recognizable during searches. Remember, your thumbnails are the first thing viewers see, your first impressions, your first line of attention catching. I personally like the thumbnail styles you have on the 3 videos below. You should try using those styles on all future videos.

View attachment 10524

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much.

JM Artist

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
jmartistgallery.wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, Sumi!

It seems to me that your channel has a very good presentation that goes according to such a good number of subscribers. As a suggestion, I think you should add some playlists at the beginning to guide first-time visitors. In the thumbnails, you could use short titles in all and a similar format. A good addition to your channel has been the youtube shorts, so I think you should keep doing them. Regarding the description of your last video, you should remove the labels that you separated with "/", it is better a text that includes only some. Your channel is on the right track and I think you will reap the success you hope for soon :grinning: .

Reactions: Sumi Kakati
OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, Sumi!

It seems to me that your channel has a very good presentation that goes according to such a good number of subscribers. As a suggestion, I think you should add some playlists at the beginning to guide first-time visitors. In the thumbnails, you could use short titles in all and a similar format. A good addition to your channel has been the youtube shorts, so I think you should keep doing them. Regarding the description of your last video, you should remove the labels that you separated with "/", it is better a text that includes only some. Your channel is on the right track and I think you will reap the success you hope for soon :grinning: .
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reactions: JM Artist

Maribel

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Self review: Hi everyone. My channel is on Handmade craft ideas. I upload videos weekly. I believe I make good videos and I have tried to give title, description and keywords with good SEO. I used to get good views earlier but now my views have decreased. So I want to know what others think about my channel. Does my content and thumbnails compel you to watch the video or it is boring. Or my videos are not upto the mark? Please provide your valuable feedback.
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/41747/
Hello, girl! I've seen your channel banner and it looks good. Very vibrant. Also your thumbnails. Maybe some of your subscribers are always offline lol But I feel you I also have that same feeling about my channel. Let's just keep going!

• Love

Yaneliswa khoza

Subscriber Goal
Your channel have everything great your thumbnail is awsome you gota a banner you have #tags i see everything is on point .

Maybe try making a voice over your videos

• Love
Reactions: Maribel

Maribel

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your channel have everything great your thumbnail is awsome you gota a banner you have #tags i see everything is on point .

Maybe try making a voice over your videos
Yes! You're a right girl! That's what I always try to do! Thanks!

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have looked at your channel and personally, I think it's awesome with great content. I have actually learnt how to make a pop-up card from your channel.

• Love
OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello, girl! I've seen your channel banner and it looks good. Very vibrant. Also your thumbnails. Maybe some of your subscribers are always offline lol But I feel you I also have that same feeling about my channel. Let's just keep going!
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have looked at your channel and personally, I think it's awesome with great content. I have actually learnt how to make a pop-up card from your channel.
ThatΓÇÖs great. Thanks for watching my video. I appreciate your feedback.