• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Advice on coming back after a break?

HalfwayDcent

Hi everyone!

I started posting videos about four years ago and then stopped for various reasons. I have recently decided I want to start again and am so much more passionate and confident about the content I'm making/planning to post thanks to the wonderful addition of my husband who not only helps take my music to another level but also makes the process so much more fun and relaxed.
I guess my question is how to get back into it? I debated starting a new channel but decided to instead keep my original channel. Was this a good move? Four years ago my main way of meeting other creators and promoting my channel was through forums like this. However, most of the forums I used then are inactive now and it doesn't seem to have the same effect. I'd really love to find other small creators and communities and would love any advice you have on how to reach others.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
As everyone has already said start making video along with focusing on quality and having a regular schedule.

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Welcome back!!!

It's going to be tough; you are basically starting from scratch regardless of which approach you take. But don't sweat it; just take your work day by day and one video at a time. I wouldn't bother starting a new channel personally; you have history with your current channel and that can provide value in that you already have a library of content. Make another 100 videos and this library will not only be a cool bit of history for your channel but it will also be a library of content that can catch fire along with any video you make which may gain virality along the way. It's one thing to have a single video get 1 million views... it's another to have 150 all syphoning views from that one which gets 1 million views.

Reactions: Damon

Beast911

Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone!

I started posting videos about four years ago and then stopped for various reasons. I have recently decided I want to start again and am so much more passionate and confident about the content I'm making/planning to post thanks to the wonderful addition of my husband who not only helps take my music to another level but also makes the process so much more fun and relaxed.
I guess my question is how to get back into it? I debated starting a new channel but decided to instead keep my original channel. Was this a good move? Four years ago my main way of meeting other creators and promoting my channel was through forums like this. However, most of the forums I used then are inactive now and it doesn't seem to have the same effect. I'd really love to find other small creators and communities and would love any advice you have on how to reach others.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Do upload consistently
For example every Sunday