• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Fool YT, get my Thumbnail

Albercook

If YT randomly picks the thumbnail "hack" the algorithm? If I include a scene that I want as the thumbnail can I upload a bunch of videos that only vary in a small way publish the one with the wanted thumbnail?

• Love
Reactions: Priyansh
OP
OP
A

Albercook

Would love to but I don't see the drop-down menu in the dashboard that is supposed to take me to those features.

OP
OP
A

Albercook

Just use the split testing within Tubebuddy.

I'm clearly confused. Now I don't even think I know what a thumbnail is w.r.t. a short. Is it the image show when people browse the videos on my channel? Because in that case can't I just change it?

If it is the image that people see when they are on the shorts shelf then I have read two incompatible explanations. Either it is auto generated or it is the first image in your short. It can't be both.

OP
OP
A

Albercook

I think one reason this is so confusing is that things just changed. It looks like the thumbnail that you select for your short is the thumbnail that shows up in the shorts section of your channel (if you added that section) and since that is supposed to be what shorts look like in the shelf it seems true.

OP
OP
A

Albercook

How will that help me choose the thumbnail on a short?
There are only a limited number of scenes in my shorts. If I make sure that at least one would also work as a thumbnail I'm thinking that I can up load many similar but slightly different versions and hope that YT randomly chooses the right thumbnail for one of them. That is the one that I publish.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are not going to fool the algorithm. You are not going to hack the system or find some magic trick. Focus that energy on making great videos, honoring your audience and getting better at your craft. This will serve you far better.