• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What type of channel did you start!

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
What type of channel did you start and how has it been going since you started? If you could share any vital tips for people starting out or even people who have had channels for a while what would it be?

Reactions: Damon

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My channel is about amigurumi. It covers tutorials, book reviews and unboxings. My advice is for people who are wanting to make tutorial videos, pace yourself. Sitting for hours trying to explain something when there's no one there can be exhausting. Break up your recordings and take frequent breaks. Doing this made the videos seem less daunting to make.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Started my current channel in 2014. Two things:
  1. Plan long term.
  2. Make goals not hoped for outcomes.
Here's what I mean. Set aside the next decade to building your YouTube channel. If that seems too long, you're probably not cut out for this. once you've decided to give this thing 10 solid years, then your break things down into five year spurts. Those five year spurts can be broken into two or three year spurts. This way you can make adjustments along the way. Basically every two years or so, you should be looking hard at making changes.

Think about that 10 years. That's not a Marathon. That's a trip to Pluto! Remember the fastest rocket we have still took 9 years to cross 3 billion miles of empty space just to get a single shot of our beloved micro-world.

Next you need to focus on true goals, not hoped for outcomes. Most people say,

"I want to get a million views or 100k subs!"

These are not goals, they are hoped-for outcomes. You have no control over what will happen. Hoped-for outcomes may happen or they may not.

A true goal is something attainable: In other words,

"In 10 years I want to produce 1,000 well-searched, properly SEO-structured videos in the DIY makeup/beauty niche."

or

"Over the next year I want to produce 100 tutorials to help people learn backyard rocket science."

These are goals. You can achieve them. What those goals will produce, no one knows. That's why TubeBuddy helps you make sense of the data so that you can make adjustments along the way.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Started my current channel in 2014. Two things:
  1. Plan long term.
  2. Make goals not hoped for outcomes.
Here's what I mean. Set aside the next decade to building your YouTube channel. If that seems too long, you're probably not cut out for this. once you've decided to give this thing 10 solid years, then your break things down into five year spurts. Those five year spurts can be broken into two or three year spurts. This way you can make adjustments along the way. Basically every two years or so, you should be looking hard at making changes.

Think about that 10 years. That's not a Marathon. That's a trip to Pluto! Remember the fastest rocket we have still took 9 years to cross 3 billion miles of empty space just to get a single shot of our beloved micro-world.

Next you need to focus on true goals, not hoped for outcomes. Most people say,

"I want to get a million views or 100k subs!"

These are not goals, they are hoped-for outcomes. You have no control over what will happen. Hoped-for outcomes may happen or they may not.

A true goal is something attainable: In other words,

"In 10 years I want to produce 1,000 well-searched, properly SEO-structured videos in the DIY makeup/beauty niche."

or

"Over the next year I want to produce 100 tutorials to help people learn backyard rocket science."

These are goals. You can achieve them. What those goals will produce, no one knows. That's why TubeBuddy helps you make sense of the data so that you can make adjustments along the way.
Great advice as always Damon

Reactions: Damon