• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Changed up my thumbnail, thoughts?

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
This is the first one where I put myself on, plus the chef who's recipe I'm trying to make. Gotta get better at my food photography but it's the style I'm looking for some feedback on.
TitH(1).png

mrjoecastellon

Subscriber Goal
What is the story that you're trying to tell with the thumbnail? It seems like the chef (assuming it's the man on the right) is upset at something you may have done with his recipe, because he has this look like "what the-?" and holding his knife as if intending to get ready to use it. It makes for a funny image and it does spark curiosity.

I would probably zoom out the food photo so that more of the complete dish is visible. Currently, there is some asymmetry that's a bit distracting.

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
The text in my view doesn't standout it just blends in with everything, I would look at a bit more simplistic and focuses on the food as you could show the photo of the chief during the video instead of the thumbnail.