• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook Facebook Ads

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have a my YT channel listed as a business on Facebook and each time I post something, FB sends me a promo to boost my post and $5 off FB Ads. Has anyone actually used FB ads? What were your results? Is it something you will do again?

I don't plan on paying for ads for at least a year. I'm just curious about other's experience. :)

Thanks!

dspy's kitchen

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I am not aware of FB ads, but I used Google Ads, I got some views. But nothing counted in Watch hours. I don't thing those will be useful for monetization.
Thanks & Regards

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Every time I see these questions I can't help but to think about time and energy. Ads aren't magic - you actually have to spend time working on them, tuning them, targeting them, etc. All just to get value. Spending "free credit" on ads doesn't really do anything by itself. Ads are only useful if you spend time and effort on them.

So assuming you are going to spend the time and effort on tuning your ads, the question becomes this - would that time have been better spent optimizing your content, your thumbnails, your SEO?

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Every time I see these questions I can't help but to think about time and energy. Ads aren't magic - you actually have to spend time working on them, tuning them, targeting them, etc. All just to get value. Spending "free credit" on ads doesn't really do anything by itself. Ads are only useful if you spend time and effort on them.

So assuming you are going to spend the time and effort on tuning your ads, the question becomes this - would that time have been better spent optimizing your content, your thumbnails, your SEO?
I 10,000% plan on optimizing my content, thumbnails and SEO, after all these are my bread and butter. If I do wind up running ads, it won't be for quite some time, and by the time I'm seriously considering it, they will have probably changed up everything lol.

BtcTap

www.freebtctap.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Facebook ads we usually get a ton of engagement on the Facebook platform uncanny but the engagement donΓÇÖt transfer over to YouTube

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
Facebook ads work great for my Facebook page! Did you know you can monetize a Facebook page too! For me I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket! I would post video on both not just YouTube video. I have a link on YouTube channel to see our Facebook page to see what I mean

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I use Facebook ads we usually get a ton of engagement on the Facebook platform uncanny but the engagement donΓÇÖt transfer over to YouTube
That's good to know that the engagement doesn't transfer over. I wonder why that is.

OP
OP
Oliver & Liz

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Facebook ads work great for my Facebook page! Did you know you can monetize a Facebook page too! For me I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket! I would post video on both not just YouTube video. I have a link on YouTube channel to see our Facebook page to see what I mean
I did not know you can get monetized on Facebook. That's very good to know. Do you know what the criteria for that is?

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I did not know you can get monetized on Facebook. That's very good to know. Do you know what the criteria for that is?
for brand collars you need 1000 follower and for in steam ad you need 10,000 follower with 600,000 total eligible minutes in last 60 days! it seems a lot but in not because on Facebook you can get paid on every like and share too! And the best part that you can upload the same picture and video as much you like! I would recommend to do ads it will help us grow faster!

Reactions: Oliver & Liz