• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Please review my channel and advice

dspy's kitchen

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: LasercuttingLK

mrjoecastellon

Subscriber Goal
I like the quality of your videos!

I was looking at the trailer in your channel page and my suggestions are that you should avoid leaving clips that are too short. For example, around 0:12 there is a clip that lasts about a second or less and it's of the finished product so it's an important clip. Perhaps it would be best to not speed it up if it's a very short clip.

My second suggestion is regarding the subtitles. The red font is often hard to read because it may blend in with the footage of the food. I suggest you use white font with black background, similar to how closed captions look on movies.

My third and final suggestion is that you try to place the camera directly above the plate you're preparing, as your hands often block the view of the food because they are too close to the camera. Try setting up an overhead rig for this.

OP
OP
dspy's kitchen

dspy's kitchen

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the quality of your videos!

I was looking at the trailer in your channel page and my suggestions are that you should avoid leaving clips that are too short. For example, around 0:12 there is a clip that lasts about a second or less and it's of the finished product so it's an important clip. Perhaps it would be best to not speed it up if it's a very short clip.

My second suggestion is regarding the subtitles. The red font is often hard to read because it may blend in with the footage of the food. I suggest you use white font with black background, similar to how closed captions look on movies.

My third and final suggestion is that you try to place the camera directly above the plate you're preparing, as your hands often block the view of the food because they are too close to the camera. Try setting up an overhead rig for this.
Thank you very much for spending time on my channel. I will take your suggestions as very valuable and try to implement in future videos.

Reactions: mrjoecastellon

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
I visited your channel and I loved the way you cook. What I noticed is that the text in the video about what ingredients you are using could be made more prominent to the eyes keeping it in simple text by using different font colour (e.g white colour). And instead of placing the text in the corner you can place it near the centre of the video so that people donΓÇÖt find it hard looking for it at the corner and itΓÇÖs right in front of their eyes so that they can concentrate at both the cooking as well as the text at the same time and nothing get missed out while concentrating at either of them.
While plating the food do it a bit slowly. Thumbnails are interesting and I liked the editing as there was no unnecessary video parts.

OP
OP
dspy's kitchen

dspy's kitchen

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi,
I visited your channel and I loved the way you cook. What I noticed is that the text in the video about what ingredients you are using could be made more prominent to the eyes keeping it in simple text by using different font colour (e.g white colour). And instead of placing the text in the corner you can place it near the centre of the video so that people donΓÇÖt find it hard looking for it at the corner and itΓÇÖs right in front of their eyes so that they can concentrate at both the cooking as well as the text at the same time and nothing get missed out while concentrating at either of them.
While plating the food do it a bit slowly. Thumbnails are interesting and I liked the editing as there was no unnecessary video parts.
Thank you very much for spending your time to review, I will try to make changes as per your suggestions.