• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Community Thumbnail choices

Are all your thumbnails different styles, or do they follow a similar convention? Here is the style of thumbnail most of my videos have, what do you think?

Attachments

• fuel filter thumbnail.jpg
    fuel filter thumbnail.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 131

tubefluence

Thumbnails should be designed using similar elements to ensure some consistency. With this said, you should test out different styles until you find one that results in a high click-through rate for your videos. Don't just pick a style and assume it's good enough.

Your current thumbnail style isn't bad, but it lacks attention-grabbing elements. Look at the thumbnails of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+change+a+fuel+filter and compare them to yours.

• Love
Reactions: amywhite

Damoforce

TubeBuddy Pro
I try and make them sort of the same. At least same font. I've even gone back and replaced some to see if improves CTR and just overall look of the channel

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I changed all of mine to a similar layout and it has definitely had a positive effect.