• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Sharing a free subtitle editor that we use

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hello! How are you fellow Tubebuddies!

Well, we wanted to share one of the software that we use and we crazy love it.
It's a software from Korea which analyzes your audio and generates subtitle automatically.
It's simple, light and most of all, FREE!

The name is 'Vrew' and here is their website link(this is non-referral and we don't get anything from your download) : https://vrew.voyagerx.com/en/

You can choose 4 language options(Korean, English, Japanese, Espanyol).
Here is the screen of how we use:
vrew screen.jpg

This software uses Google's voice recognition API so if your pronunciation and audio quality is good, you will get a good results.
It was our time savior.
Gyo used this, while he was in a marketing team and making videos for the company.

You can also save the output to many formats. Even Premier Pro!
So you can edit the subtitle as you want in your video.
SRT format is also available which means you can add the subtitle in your video after upload.

You will thank us a lot if you were making subtitle one by one.

If you are wondering how is the result, visit our channel and see our videos!

Thank you~!Γÿà

Miwa Kaur

www.miwakaur.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for sharing, Anny! I am thinking about adding subtitle in Japanese... How accurate is it? I noticed that google translate is not so precise quite often... Especially since my English is not perfect either so I wonder how the application would translate it to Japanese... :)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for sharing. I will give some general advice. If you are trying to reach an audience that is not in your native language, you really need to have a native speaker verify a few of the translations to ensure they are accurate. It is especially important if you use a lot of slang or euphemisms in your videos.

My second suggestion is this - if you are trying to reach an international audience watch the pacing of your speech and try and keep away from slang and euphemisms.

Source - Been speaking globally for over 20 years and I've had to learn these lessons the hard way ;-)

• Love
Reactions: AnnysKoreanLife
OP
OP
AnnysKoreanLife

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for sharing, Anny! I am thinking about adding subtitle in Japanese... How accurate is it? I noticed that google translate is not so precise quite often... Especially since my English is not perfect either so I wonder how the application would translate it to Japanese... :)
Auto translation uses Google API too, so the results will be the same. We are now working on Malaysian and Korean subtitle for YouTube, and we have to do the translation manually. As a former translator before, machine translation will take loooong time until it can catches human translation. Of course, human translators also use machine translation called 'CAT(computer automated translation) tool' too. If you can generate English subtitle, you can try out the Japanese translation by yourself :)

Reactions: Miwa Kaur
OP
OP
AnnysKoreanLife

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for sharing. I will give some general advice. If you are trying to reach an audience that is not in your native language, you really need to have a native speaker verify a few of the translations to ensure they are accurate. It is especially important if you use a lot of slang or euphemisms in your videos.

My second suggestion is this - if you are trying to reach an international audience watch the pacing of your speech and try and keep away from slang and euphemisms.

Source - Been speaking globally for over 20 years and I've had to learn these lessons the hard way ;-)
You are so right about not using the slang and euphemisms. The script should be clear and direct. Gyo, as a former translator says that international company's documents are the most easy to translate as the document is for all the people around the globe. They use simple, direct and easy to understand language so there's no misunderstanding or something vague. Our channel is about our international couple life so we really try hard to blend each other's culture in an international way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SILTHW

Miwa Kaur

www.miwakaur.com
Subscriber Goal
Auto translation uses Google API too, so the results will be the same. We are now working on Malaysian and Korean subtitle for YouTube, and we have to do the translation manually. As a former translator before, machine translation will take loooong time until it can catches human translation. Of course, human translators also use machine translation called 'CAT(computer automated translation) tool' too. If you can generate English subtitle, you can try out the Japanese translation by yourself :)
In my case some of the ingredients may not be available in Japan... It'll be in my to do list but I'll focus in English for now :)

Reactions: AnnysKoreanLife
OP
OP
AnnysKoreanLife

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Wow, this is great, I wonder how much more traffic you would get by adding Korean or Japanese subtitles?
We are now working on with Malaysian and Korean subtitles, and haven't seen the results yet. After that, we will make an announcement video that we added Malay & Korean subtitles. We do this, because most of our views are occurred in Malaysia(around 70%) and Korea(around 6%). We will share the result after we try :)

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal

It's a software from Korea which analyzes your audio and generates subtitle automatically.

The name is 'Vrew' and here is their website link(this is non-referral and we don't get anything from your download) : https://vrew.voyagerx.com/en/

View attachment 10180

This software uses Google's voice recognition API so if your pronunciation and audio quality is good, you will get a good results.
It was our time savior.
Gyo used this, while he was in a marketing team and making videos for the company.

SRT format is also available which means you can add the subtitle in your video after upload.

Thank you~!Γÿà
Wow this is pretty awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Please how does it work?

It's actually pretty simple... you download the software and install it, and sign up for a free account. You open a new project, put the video in it, and run it in it's Original language.. it will then create the transcription from the audio file in your video... all you have to do is go through and correct any mistakes, and then export it. You can also convert to other languages as well from what we see.

We have been considering doing some translations for our videos and have been looking into this as well!!

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 10180

It was our time savior.

Thank you~!Γÿà
Thanks for sharing.