• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review How do you think about out newest video?

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
User name: AnnysKoreanLife
Title of thread: How do you think about out newest video?
Self review: This is our new video with different style. We tried to keep the concept same but focused more on funny than natural. We also put some cultural context in the video, so we want to know if it works internationally too. We know that the length of the video is not so long but it is our strategy for us to make 'short but funny' videos to make us more interesting and then when we get enough subscribers, slowly increasing the length. Your review will be a great help to us! Thank you so much for your time :)
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/vQQxOPWB2nE

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39314/#post-130541

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Overall, I liked the video. It has a nice underlying story that is very relatable. It finds a good balance between sweet and funny.

I find that much like the previous, the editing "crispness" changes a bit through the video. In this case, I think you kept the editing very punchy and tight at the beginning, and less so through the video. I also feel some of the camera angle stuff is unnecessary. The section right after your bumper includes a low camera angle that is neither flattering to you nor adding anything to the story.

One last thing I'll note - I think most people new to creating videos underestimate how much lighting goes into dark scenes. In fact, most dark scenes you see in movies and TV are shot under fairly significant lighting and darkened in post-production using coloring tools. The extreme version is called "day for night" and is surprisingly common, but even without that extreme you can get the same effect at home. You would light the under-the-bed scene and then make it look dark using the color tools in post. It is always easier to remove light than to add it.

Good job! Keep up the hard work. 수고하세요!

• Love
Reactions: AnnysKoreanLife
OP
OP
AnnysKoreanLife

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Overall, I liked the video. It has a nice underlying story that is very relatable. It finds a good balance between sweet and funny.

I find that much like the previous, the editing "crispness" changes a bit through the video. In this case, I think you kept the editing very punchy and tight at the beginning, and less so through the video. I also feel some of the camera angle stuff is unnecessary. The section right after your bumper includes a low camera angle that is neither flattering to you nor adding anything to the story.

One last thing I'll note - I think most people new to creating videos underestimate how much lighting goes into dark scenes. In fact, most dark scenes you see in movies and TV are shot under fairly significant lighting and darkened in post-production using coloring tools. The extreme version is called "day for night" and is surprisingly common, but even without that extreme you can get the same effect at home. You would light the under-the-bed scene and then make it look dark using the color tools in post. It is always easier to remove light than to add it.

Good job! Keep up the hard work. 수고하세요!
Thank you so much for your detailed review again! It really helps us a lot especially when editing and shooting part. We tried to hold the audience as long as possible, so we tried to make the video tight. I think it kind of worked because watch time drops right after the scene when Anny finishes her dish(55%>44%>23%). I think we can do it better.

About the lighting, you were very right! It's more easy to lessen something from what's more than adding something on what's less. We will play with our lighting and find that's best for the audience! Thank you again for your review! :)

감사합니다!

Inka Bazinka ASMR

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.inkabazinka.club
Subscriber Goal
Hello, my name is Inga.

First of all, I do not think that your videos are too short. I have watched YouTube videos where experts talk about what the optimal length of YouTube videos will be in the future, and the consensus seems to be that it is 3 minutes. Your video is longer than 4 minutes, therefore, I do not think that you should worry about video length.

Secondly, I like the theme of the video and how you show to others that you are trying to understand and learn about each other's culture. Many people can learn from this.

Thirdly, I very much appreciate content with cooking or recipes. This is a great way to show your culture to others. It would be amazing if you could create new playlists - one for Korean Food and one for Malaysian Food. We should be proud of our heritage and speak about it clearly.

All the best,
Inga

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
For one, that meal looks delicious! I enjoy your cutting, but the lighting really needs work. If you are making a story, it is important to keep light consistent. Sometimes, it shined really bright in my eye. (I watched this full screen). Sometimes the sound was bad, either distant or hard to understand.

Other than that good job! You are improving!

• Love
Reactions: Inka Bazinka ASMR

Inka Bazinka ASMR

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.inkabazinka.club
Subscriber Goal
For one, that meal looks delicious! I enjoy your cutting, but the lighting really needs work. If you are making a story, it is important to keep light consistent. Sometimes, it shined really bright in my eye. (I watched this full screen). Sometimes the sound was bad, either distant or hard to understand.

Other than that good job! You are improving!
Yes, I very much agree about lighting. I have noticed that when lighting is good - for instance, when there is natural daylight, even a cell phone camera takes extremely sharp videos.

Reactions: Avocado

Rise Of Jay Cee

Subscriber Goal
That cool! I absolutely loving it. I love the presentation you set up and there is a lot of funny moment going on. The video of the length is just perfect for this kind of videos I would say. By the way, the country your wife live in is close by to mine since I am from Brunei haha. Must be nice to know how to cook Nasi Lemak!

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
super hilarious!

I love how the ingredients were presented 1 by 1 and the eggs so carefully placed.
Great video, great humor! the length is perfect as well. I would not mind a few minutes longer as long as the feel stays the same.