• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Has anyone else noticed your impressions going down?

Mr Fishy McFish

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
So I usually do pretty good to get my videos ranked for some keywords, and I usually get a lot of impressions unless my video sucks / the thumbnail sucks.

However, I had a video I posted the other day, and straight out of the door YouTube didn't show it to anyone. The impressions were tiny (200 when I can usually hit 800 in the same time period) and the clickthrough rate was good, the average view duration was WAY above my average and yet still YouTube held the video back, I have no idea why. Even now the clickthrough rate is sitting at the channel average and my the average view duration is still high, so why couldn't this video get pushed out.

It didn't get pushed out for any of the search terms I usually rank for either, just a super weird one.

I've heard of some big YouTubers getting less impressions recently for new videos too and I've noticed on my homepage less current videos being shown to me, a lot of random really old videos (some videos from topics I haven't watched in months) so I'm wondering. Did they toy with the algorithm and it's doing some weird stuff, or ?

Will report back after my next video goes up if the same thing happens again!

Reactions: Apps

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
So I usually do pretty good to get my videos ranked for some keywords, and I usually get a lot of impressions unless my video sucks / the thumbnail sucks.

However, I had a video I posted the other day, and straight out of the door YouTube didn't show it to anyone. The impressions were tiny (200 when I can usually hit 800 in the same time period) and the clickthrough rate was good, the average view duration was WAY above my average and yet still YouTube held the video back, I have no idea why. Even now the clickthrough rate is sitting at the channel average and my the average view duration is still high, so why couldn't this video get pushed out.

It didn't get pushed out for any of the search terms I usually rank for either, just a super weird one.

I've heard of some big YouTubers getting less impressions recently for new videos too and I've noticed on my homepage less current videos being shown to me, a lot of random really old videos (some videos from topics I haven't watched in months) so I'm wondering. Did they toy with the algorithm and it's doing some weird stuff, or ?

I have the same prejudice, but at first I ignored it because I thought maybe the audience's interest in my niche channel was indeed down, especially my channel was education and now it's a long school holiday in my country
but I will continue to monitor this thread and wait for your report after your next video is up

OP
OP
Mr Fishy McFish

Mr Fishy McFish

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It was weird saw it on a few videos, then it kinda reset and went back to normal. Very weird, also had some analytics trouble recently which they have now fixed. Touch wood, everything seems back to normal now!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
It was weird saw it on a few videos, then it kinda reset and went back to normal. Very weird, also had some analytics trouble recently which they have now fixed. Touch wood, everything seems back to normal now!
The general rule of thumb is when you see something weird happen in your analytics, give it at least 24-48 hours before you consider it to be real. YouTube makes changes constantly and it often takes days for things to catch up and sync up correctly.

MuhammaRashedulIslam

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User

Yes noticed that my channel video impression up and down