• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review General Feedback on my video

DeadMango

User name: DeadMango
Title of thread: General Feedback on my video
Self review: I think I did well for my first video of this style, I feel like I should get better on the editing side and as for the mic, it is a bit crap but it works. Sadly I can't do anything about the mic just yet but in future I might.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/VQYi9p4-iUM

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39607/post-129213

BeannyYT

Subscriber Goal
Hey, just watching the video, will write points down as I get through it

Pro:
Good Quality Video
Very energetic
Good use of overlay, gifs, and clips to make it more interesting
Video did keep my attention tbh

Con:
Swearing might hinder performance with the algorithm
Mic quality {Its decent audio but when you shout it clips and hurts headphone users}

Overall good video, kept my attention and was of decent quality. Would like to come back once you done more of these style of videos

All About Python

Maybe you can try adding some background music if you want.
Also you can work on your audio quality.
You can also cut portions of your video where game is loading or nothing important related to gameplay storyline is happening.

That's what I felt about this video
Hope it helps

Roho The Cat

Hi there DeadMango.

I think some of the points have already been made above, but here are my comments:

• Great video quality
  • You are clearly enthusiastic and seem to be enjoying yourself
  • The laughter is good - it feels real and adds to the above that you are enjoying yourself
  • The video title does essentially say what the video is, but it would be useful to have some sort of intro - e.g. is there a goal you're trying to achieve in the video? What should the viewer expect?
  • You may wish to include background music
  • Your mic is 'ok' but maybe a bit quiet
  • I agree that swearing might not be to everyone's taste
  • I didn't really get what was going on. There was clicking, you would react (although I couldn't understand you).

I hope I don't come off as too negative. It is a good video and the above are merely ideas.

~Roho The Cat~

Vman

User name: DeadMango
Title of thread: General Feedback on my video
Self review: I think I did well for my first video of this style, I feel like I should get better on the editing side and as for the mic, it is a bit crap but it works. Sadly I can't do anything about the mic just yet but in future I might.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/VQYi9p4-iUM

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39607/post-129213
1) think a brief explanation at the start to set the scene for people coming into this game for the first time understand what it's about.
2)Definitely get a better microphone or look into how you can increase the audio quality in post.
3)The swearing isn't adding anything, and doesn't seem in context to what's going on, so I would drop it as you be limiting your audience.

Overall keep making content dude, we learn as we go! :)

jacjson

Subscriber Goal
This video didn't hold my attention very well for the simple reason that there is too much dead space. You say something, and then you're quiet without anything interesting happening onscreen. As a content creator, you need to sell yourself to the viewer. I like your personality and you sound energetic when you do speak, but there's too much time where you aren't speaking too make the rest of the video interesting. If you cut out all of the dead space, the video would end up being maybe three minutes long. For a similar video in the future, I'd recommend recording an hour's worth of footage. When editing, ask yourself for each clip, 'Why would someone want to watch this?' Maybe it's funny. Maybe it's interesting. Maybe it sets up for a later plot point. The important part is that the viewer is always invested in the video. And if you aren't speaking but still want to show what's onscreen, a zoom-in on the thing you're trying to show - even if it is just a 1.5x zoom to one half of the screen - helps keep your audience engaged. I'd recommend DaVinci Resolve as an editor for this.

Work on the editing and I'm sure you'll have great quality videos to boost your viewage.