• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Which video editing software are you all using?

Abhigyan DMS

Hello everyone

Which video editing software you were all using for youtube video editing?

which one would you recommend more?

please let us know all of your views.

Lirimara

TubeBuddy User
linktr.ee
I use the free version of Lightworks. It seems pretty easy to use and it does what I want, although I've only been doing it a month, so my skill is pretty low

ArtByLara

artbylara.com
Subscriber Goal
I've got Camtasia, which is capable of eleventy million things, most of which I don't need or use (because I don't want to learn them).

Honestly, video editing is the bane of my existence. lol

Kindredspirit

Subscriber Goal
I'm beginner so i dnt know much about apps which one is the best
Currently,i'm using youcut- videoeditor app
To me its good easy to usee and for thumbnail i use picsart :))

SavijCoder

I use Adobe Premiere, its fairly complicated but youtube helps with tutorials. I also use other tools for recording. I use Movavi, but I don't really like their video editor that much. I mainly use them for screen recording and webcam recording. Then I also run Studio One to record the audio. I don't recommend that as it's pro studio audio recording software, but I am a musician and I recorded with it already so I already had the mics, audio interface and software.... I am looking for a way to record screen, webcam (with its audio) and my separate mic audio all in one program, but I have not found it yet. I need the audio from the webcam, so I can sync the good mic's recording with the webcam video. Having the mic in the webcam record also, allows me to sync easily. Hope that all made sense.

OP
OP
Abhigyan DMS

Abhigyan DMS

we appreciate all yours' suggestion:)

although you all are new members, yet all of yours' suggestions will be helpful

we are definitely going to try on those

we also would appreciate any further suggestions on this

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Adobe Premiere, its fairly complicated but youtube helps with tutorials. I also use other tools for recording. I use Movavi, but I don't really like their video editor that much. I mainly use them for screen recording and webcam recording. Then I also run Studio One to record the audio. I don't recommend that as it's pro studio audio recording software, but I am a musician and I recorded with it already so I already had the mics, audio interface and software.... I am looking for a way to record screen, webcam (with its audio) and my separate mic audio all in one program, but I have not found it yet. I need the audio from the webcam, so I can sync the good mic's recording with the webcam video. Having the mic in the webcam record also, allows me to sync easily. Hope that all made sense.
What you want to do is a common problem for recording. I use some workarounds with OBS to achieve it, basically edit the canvas size to 3840x1080, then you can place and record 2 by 1080p inputs next to each other. The raw video comes out like this:
1620499550268.png

Then you use your video editor to duplicate the video then zoom and crop into 2 separate screens on webcam and screen capture. It's not ideal, but the only other option is running multiple instances of OBS, which just adds more complication.

For the audio, you can split everything out into "tracks", which will load into the video editor and allow you to control volume on each track individually, not need to mess with syncing as they were all recorded at the same time. The recording will open up like this if the tracks are setup correctly:
1620499964353.png

The only thing would be to see if Studio One can feed into OBS, or bypass Studio One completely.

EDIT: To the OP, I been using Davinci Resolve Studio. Happy enough with the software to buy the paid version. The free version is quite sufficient for most tasks those, but a lot of the graphics card performance is only unlocked in the paid version.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This should go in Gear Discussions since editing software counts as gear, but I use a software called Vegas Movie Platinum 17.0. It's not free, but it is a flat fee of about $50 for a one-time payment.