• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook Thumbnail doesn't appear on Facebook!

Shawny

TubeBuddy Pro
So I have a problem...

I shared my video to Facebook. Everything was fine and my thumbnail was showing. 45 minutes later I went to share it somewhere else and the thumbnail is bugged and not showing. My sister and people I know can see it on their end on the original post but I can't and whenever I try to share anywhere else it's blank. I tried debugging it several times to no avail. I know if you share the link before it's done uploading that will happen but I didn't do that and it was fine for the first 45 minutes of sharing.

Not sure what to do? Is it a Facebook problem or Youtube problem. I don't want to re-upload or make a new thumbnail cause I like the one I have. What should I do?

Would love some help of any kind! Thanks so much :)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Almost impossible to say. FWIW, I just looked at your channel and I see all of your thumbnails properly displayed. So maybe it is a Facebook issue.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So maybe it is a Facebook issue.
Facebook always has issues :joy:
But from memory, facebook really don't want you going off platform, so it wouldn't surprise me if they suppress YouTube content even more. I know if people made a post with a link to a YouTube video they would supress it which is why people used to say to upload your thumbnail as a photo post, then make the video URL an actual comment on the photo. That's how to get past the suppression and any errors that might spring up.

OP
OP
Shawny

Shawny

TubeBuddy Pro
Facebook always has issues :joy:
But from memory, facebook really don't want you going off platform, so it wouldn't surprise me if they suppress YouTube content even more. I know if people made a post with a link to a YouTube video they would supress it which is why people used to say to upload your thumbnail as a photo post, then make the video URL an actual comment on the photo. That's how to get past the suppression and any errors that might spring up.

Oh great advice! It was very stange cause the thumbnail came back an hour later so I think you might be right. I'll try this trick from now :) Save me tons of headaches lol.