• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Losing subscribers

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So recently I noticed subscribers dropping off my channel 1 or 2 then next day it's back up then loose another 1 or 2. I know this is normal. But 98% of my subscribers are public and when discussing with them they are adamant that they didn't unsubscribe. So is this normal? I have seen when on the mobile app when I go to one of the people I subscribe to it asks me to subscribe??

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is a frequent question and completely normal. Subs will always fluctuate. People sub and unsub, YouTube purges fake accounts, YouTube purges inactive accounts, etc.

Fabien LIVESTRONG

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
it happens me every one or two week : loosing 1 or 2 subs maximum, probably unused account or people who subscribed but don't care of my channel

Reactions: Iron Dundee

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I get fluctuations too! But thatΓÇÖs actually a good thing about the platform because I donΓÇÖt want my subs to be filled with bots so IΓÇÖd way rather youtube gets rid of them - so see it in a good way

OP
OP
Iron Dundee

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Awesome thanks everyone for your response.

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So recently I noticed subscribers dropping off my channel 1 or 2 then next day it's back up then loose another 1 or 2. I know this is normal. But 98% of my subscribers are public and when discussing with them they are adamant that they didn't unsubscribe. So is this normal? I have seen when on the mobile app when I go to one of the people I subscribe to it asks me to subscribe??

You're at an early stage of your channel. You shouldn't be worrying about subs and such. Focus on your content, on the quality, the consistency. Subs will fluctuate all the time and with such few subs the changes will be more obvious and often seem extreme. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine so long as you keep working on making good content.

OP
OP
Iron Dundee

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You're right I am not worried about how many subscribe. I was wondering why it fluctuated. Which is due to YT removing bots etc. So thanks.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It could also be the way users interact with a "Subscribe" bug.. when you go to someone's channel.. (You 100% know you are subscribed to) and you look and the subscribe button -- it is red... but you swear you're subscribed. 99% of the time you are.. It's a glitch/bug on their end, and we have an open ticket with YouTube support (who don't respond to their tickets or seem to know how to resolve this issue).

People who may not be creators or haven't had the experience yet or really delved into the "darker/deeper" side of YouTube may not realize it.. and then hit the "Red" subscribe button again.. when in reality.. you were subscribed to them in the first place.

When we see that we are unsubscribed from someone we know... we refresh the page a few times, and that normally resolves it.

Just throwing that on the table too..

You will also get a lot of people who will come and sub.. leave a half assed comment, in hopes that you will go and sub them and watch their video.. and then unsub you a day or two later. That is very common and it happens to everyone sadly.

OP
OP
Iron Dundee

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had noticed the subscribe button was red when I went to other channels I know I was subscribed to. Thank you heaps. For your information. Great to know.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I lose subscribers all the time. You notice it a lot more when you're under 100 subscribers, but once you're above 10,000 subscribers, you don't notice the change of one or two dropping off.

Some of them will be random bot accounts, and if you're the kind of creator that goes into comments of other people, or share groups asking for subs, that generally is the result of those "plz sub" people no longer finding any value in your content.

The importance of having a core value and messege. So many people focus on wanting to get a subscriber number, when they should be focusing on wanting to provide something worth watching.

Sub numbers don't matter. Yes, you need them for monetisation, you need them for stories, you need them for community posts.... that's YouTube's foolish decision when other places like Instagram let you do stories with 0 followers... but realistically, sub counts don't matter. Don't lose sleep over it.

Make good content. The subscribers will come if the content is good. I think I've lost several thousand over my 6 year journey, and that doesn't bother me one bit.

• Love
OP
OP
Iron Dundee

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That is great advice thankyou I appreciate you taking the time out. I think for me was a goal to get to 100 but from what I have read and been responded to. I will just change my focus to my content and getting as much out there as possible. Thanks again

OP
OP
Iron Dundee

Iron Dundee

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In your settings you need to put your YouTube link into the section. But don't add all the www.youtube part. Just from the Capital U part
Screenshot_20210415-142842.jpg

VideoChannelIdeas

From what I have seen I believe there are a lot of fake/shady/spam accounts that do this kind of thing... subscribe so they can spam your videos
or whatever.

I also believe that YT may prune channels from subs that have not been active. Just a guess... no idea really