• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Guys, from below which one is click-worthy or good looking?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The title of the game is Batman - Return to Arkham City

1618066106467.png

Eliminations (17).png

I have brightened up the background a bit since I thought the second one is a bit way too dark.

Eliminations (20).png

What do you guys think? which one is good and click-worthy

OP
OP
Nody | Team TB

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Eliminations (18).png

This one is with borders on (tried editing the above post but couldn't add this there)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
First one has the most context and is legible.

OP
OP
Nody | Team TB

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much guys, I have selected the first one and will see how it goes :>

Reactions: Iron Dundee
OP
OP
Nody | Team TB

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So I have started the A/B testing right away on that day to see which one is doing better and the following are the results till now

1618805978476.png

Overall my video CTR right now is 0.6% and it's definitely not good but here's the analytic of that video :-

1618806052704.png

Most of the traffic is coming from the YouTube search but it's taking me hard time to make those impressions into the views.

Running out of the ideas now for the Thumbnails.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So far it looks like possibly the white text was grabbing attention more than the other, but overall so far it looks like both could do a LOT better, and from the small version, I can see that neither really have the right contrast or brightness to really see what's going on, or maybe the shots you selected weren't compelling enough. 6.3 thousand people were shown that video based on impressions, but only 0.6 people have clicked so far, meaning you have a lot more potential for a click, but the thumbnail it'self isn't grabbing people attention and they're skipping right past.

You're allowed to mess with the original screenshot. I'd be boosting the saturation, contrast and brightness overall. You can make characters pop out more from the background by adding a colour wash or gradient over the background behind the character, by duplicating the screenshot, and cutting out the background, of the top layer, so the bottom layer shows, and then you can mess with colours in between the two layers. I find that helps a lot.

Interestingly 1.4% of those impressions are coming from recommended, which tells me your search impressions are probably very high, which is a good starting point. Your seo has seemingly done the job, it's brought the video to potential eyes, but the thumbs need work in generating enough interest to click. So I think if you try boosting the saturation and contrast and background colour, I think you have the potential to go from a 0.6 click through, to something more like at least a 2.0%

Reactions: Lirimara

MrMisterXXL

I would click the first, because there is a small text, that shows whats the content of the video. ALso it┬┤s a nice, cool background. One suggestion from me: Make the background of the thumbnail a liitle bit darker, it will look better.