• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review I would like a video review on my first youtube template video

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
User name: LFH
Title of thread: I would like a video review on my first youtube template video
Self review: I feel good about this video. My impressions is at 167 but nobody has really watched the videos other than my friends, I have 24 views. I'm curious as to what I could have done differently to make this video better or more popular. Am I making it attractive enough or is it just because I'm a small channel?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/2vn1dTlUr9k

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39656/post-125586

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I took a look at your channel so I could see the context for this video. I noticed it is a bit all over the place, which will absolutely impact your views. Is it a bible verse channel, a shower thoughts channel, or a template channel? Because that is a tough intersection for an audience.

In essence, you are trying to go after 3 very different audiences. For the specific video you posted, it is worth noting that I can go to Canva or similar and make my own free, custom version of what you posted and I don't have to "screen shot" the video to get the file.

I would suggest you think about what it is you want to do with your channel. It will be nearly impossible to optimize for three very different types of content and three very different audiences.

OP
OP
LFH

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I took a look at your channel so I could see the context for this video. I noticed it is a bit all over the place, which will absolutely impact your views. Is it a bible verse channel, a shower thoughts channel, or a template channel? Because that is a tough intersection for an audience.

In essence, you are trying to go after 3 very different audiences. For the specific video you posted, it is worth noting that I can go to Canva or similar and make my own free, custom version of what you posted and I don't have to "screen shot" the video to get the file.

I would suggest you think about what it is you want to do with your channel. It will be nearly impossible to optimize for three very different types of content and three very different audiences.
You do have a point. Okay, ill take that advice and focus on one thing at a time. Thanks ill do better

Gina Wick

Subscriber Goal
It isn't always easy to find your nitch. What videos do you enjoy making the most? What videos have drawn the most people? That is what I would focus on as well. I would also review your SEOs. Make sure that your tags fit the subject, and are good search tags. If you have Facebook, try sharing the videos on your feed. That can help get more attention to the videos.

Reactions: PrinceRecy

alannuttall

User name: LFH
Title of thread: I would like a video review on my first youtube template video
Self review: I feel good about this video. My impressions is at 167 but nobody has really watched the videos other than my friends, I have 24 views. I'm curious as to what I could have done differently to make this video better or more popular. Am I making it attractive enough or is it just because I'm a small channel?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/2vn1dTlUr9k

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/39656/post-125586
I like the style. Quite cool and floaty which gives a chilled vibe. Not sure what your channels about though

ArtByLara

artbylara.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to guess that your reason for creating this video was in hopes of landing on something that would get you more views/subscribers without being niche specific. Kind of like going to the grocery store without a shopping list or recipe in mind, and seeing what sticks? Definitely not the way to go in the early days, in my opinion. Pick one or two related topics and focus on building up original content of your own. The "shower thoughts" videos are kind of full of cliches that most people have already heard of, so they wouldn't be inclined to share or subscribe based on those. This one, in particular, is definitely off-topic, and like someone else said, I can go to Canva and make stuff like this myself that's totally custom in less time than it would take to download yours and try to use it.

Once you've built your channel up and gotten to the "video content block" where you can't possibly think of something else to post on that same topic all over again, then try to branch out. Good luck!!

OP
OP
LFH

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm going to guess that your reason for creating this video was in hopes of landing on something that would get you more views/subscribers without being niche specific. Kind of like going to the grocery store without a shopping list or recipe in mind, and seeing what sticks? Definitely not the way to go in the early days, in my opinion. Pick one or two related topics and focus on building up original content of your own. The "shower thoughts" videos are kind of full of cliches that most people have already heard of, so they wouldn't be inclined to share or subscribe based on those. This one, in particular, is definitely off-topic, and like someone else said, I can go to Canva and make stuff like this myself that's totally custom in less time than it would take to download yours and try to use it.

Once you've built your channel up and gotten to the "video content block" where you can't possibly think of something else to post on that same topic all over again, then try to branch out. Good luck!!
Wow, thank you so much. I realised that was the problem so I will do that.