• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tubebuddy Pro used but no success

Electrical lectures

I have started my channel and right now I think I am struggling in a way that I have used all features of Tubebuddy specially keyword explorer and SEO studio in paid version. I managed to find good keyword with weighted score of around 50 -60. At first specially first 2 days my video at times normally rank higher but it got very less views. After that all tags started to rank lower as a result views on video started to drop. I have tried every thing very attractive custom thumbnails, titles but not successful right now. Kindly advice what I am missing.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Even a high keyword score doesnΓÇÖt mean you are guaranteed views. IΓÇÖm not at all an expert but if you fix the channel link in your profile IΓÇÖm will to take a look

Reactions: namsking18

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Drscottbland: please find the link of my channel "Electrical lectures" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmbUJWHul7r2StLe5lvoUhQ
IΓÇÖm not seeing anything obvious that stands out to me. You have a ton of subscribers and a lot of you older videos have a ton of views. Could it be that you have a a steady new stream of viewers watching your content to get through a program? I think of dr najeeb (sp?) who does medical student videos. Some of his as they age will really rack up views because thousands of new students stsrt med school each year but a brand new video wonΓÇÖt have 80k views.

IΓÇÖm also a little cofused by the ΓÇ£30k viewsΓÇ¥ sticker on some of your thumbnails, there is one with <700 views. Have you found the sticker helps your ctr?

Reactions: namsking18
OP
OP
E

Electrical lectures

IΓÇÖm not seeing anything obvious that stands out to me. You have a ton of subscribers and a lot of you older videos have a ton of views. Could it be that you have a a steady new stream of viewers watching your content to get through a program? I think of dr najeeb (sp?) who does medical student videos. Some of his as they age will really rack up views because thousands of new students stsrt med school each year but a brand new video wonΓÇÖt have 80k views.

IΓÇÖm also a little cofused by the ΓÇ£30k viewsΓÇ¥ sticker on some of your thumbnails, there is one with <700 views. Have you found the sticker helps your ctr?

Hi
Yes I do have handsome number of subscribers in one year and also got several views. But I am worried even after 1 year when I post relevant video to my niche, and tubebuddy shows that my keyword has huge search volume, even then I am not able to get views . Let me present you with very interesting example of one of my video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usGVSRoFjTI

This is the link of my video. I have optimized this video on 2 keywords. 1st is "What is battery capacity" and 2nd is "What is battery ah". I have attached pdf file which shows weighted scores of both keywords along with my tags ranking and video impressions and ctr. My video is currently ranking as 6 and 7 for both keywords respectively but still my impressions per day are maximum 45 which is a disgusting figure. Please tell me where I am wrong?

Attachments

• Case Study.pdf
    461.7 KB · Views: 135

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are ranking for these terms... which reflects that you have optimized well for them. The terms themselves are good terms too. But as far as performance goes your video is simply not competing as well with the other videos that have been made about the subject. One thing that I noticed immediately is that when people type 'what is battery capacity' they typically include something like 'what is the battery capacity of my iphone' or something that is more specific to them. Obviously that is a far more niche topic that is not relevant for your video... but it also means that these niche-specific searches are not being served by your video, therefore the viewers are not watching yours. Also worth noting is that despite the number of searches your video does not fall in the first page of search results, which is where the majority of search views come from. That comes down to the simple fact that your video is just not performing as well as the videos which already rank for those terms. It isn't a bad video at all (I am taking a series of electronics courses in college right now and this video offers a quality on par with everything I've been presented). It is simply not getting the viewer response that the others topping the search results are getting.

OP
OP
E

Electrical lectures

You are ranking for these terms... which reflects that you have optimized well for them. The terms themselves are good terms too. But as far as performance goes your video is simply not competing as well with the other videos that have been made about the subject. One thing that I noticed immediately is that when people type 'what is battery capacity' they typically include something like 'what is the battery capacity of my iphone' or something that is more specific to them. Obviously that is a far more niche topic that is not relevant for your video... but it also means that these niche-specific searches are not being served by your video, therefore the viewers are not watching yours. Also worth noting is that despite the number of searches your video does not fall in the first page of search results, which is where the majority of search views come from. That comes down to the simple fact that your video is just not performing as well as the videos which already rank for those terms. It isn't a bad video at all (I am taking a series of electronics courses in college right now and this video offers a quality on par with everything I've been presented). It is simply not getting the viewer response that the others topping the search results are getting.

First of all thanks for your deep concern. I completely understand what have you said but I have some objections. First of all you said that people are searching for specific terms like "what is battery capacity in iphone". But this keyword is entirely different from "what is battery capacity". both have different search volumes and different weighted score for my channel. I have chosen keyword "what is battery capacity". If you type this in youtube search, my video comes at 7 or 8 position. Even I have optimized same video for "what is battery ah" and for this keyword my video ranks at 6 in search.

My concern is that even after ranking under 10, why my video is not getting impressions. The views are secondary things, if your video has no impressions then no question of views. My video is getting 40 impressions per day. Why?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First of all thanks for your deep concern. I completely understand what have you said but I have some objections. First of all you said that people are searching for specific terms like "what is battery capacity in iphone". But this keyword is entirely different from "what is battery capacity". both have different search volumes and different weighted score for my channel. I have chosen keyword "what is battery capacity". If you type this in youtube search, my video comes at 7 or 8 position. Even I have optimized same video for "what is battery ah" and for this keyword my video ranks at 6 in search.

My concern is that even after ranking under 10, why my video is not getting impressions. The views are secondary things, if your video has no impressions then no question of views. My video is getting 40 impressions per day. Why?
It is completely different... but there is some correlation in the terms themselves. Meaning that you are seeing impressions from people who are not searching for the video with your specifics. I don't know what exactly to do about that or what level of concern there should be for this, but it is definitely something to be mindful of.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You call 6.73k subscribers not successful? You only started in March of 2020?!? It took me five years to do what you've done in one year. Be careful not to slap the face of the people who have chosen to follow you.

Also most any academic subject might grow slower than some comedy channel or other entertainment channels. Note this professor at Georgia Tech is teaching analog electronic circuits for musicians who want to build analog synthesizers: https://www.youtube.com/c/Lantertronics/featured.

Note: He has been on YouTube since 2008, yet only has 3.3k subscribers. Many of which are probably his own students.

The thing is you've amassed twice the subscribers in one year that he has only amassed in 13 years. I think you're being unrealistic in what to expect. You are growing amazingly fast in a highly technical and academic niche.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Electrical lectures

You call 6.73k subscribers not successful? You only started in March of 2020?!? It took me five years to do what you've done in one year. Be careful not to slap the face of the people who have chosen to follow you.

Also most any academic subject might grow slower than some comedy channel or other entertainment channels. Note this professor at Georgia Tech is teaching analog electronic circuits for musicians who want to build analog synthesizers: https://www.youtube.com/c/Lantertronics/featured

Note he has been on YouTube since 2008, yet only has 3.3k subscribers. Many of which are probably his own students.

The thing is you've amassed twice the subscribers in one year that he has only amassed in 13 years. I thing you're being unrealistic in what to expect. You are growing amazingly fast in a highly technical and academic niche.

Thanks for the appreciation. No doubt your words have encouraged me to do more hard work. I am only trying to establish a relation of youtube video optimization, video ranking and no of views. I am not saying that why I am not getting views, my point is why my video has got so less impression even though it appears in top 10 videos in search result.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have started my channel and right now I think I am struggling in a way that I have used all features of Tubebuddy specially keyword explorer and SEO studio in paid version. I managed to find good keyword with weighted score of around 50 -60. At first specially first 2 days my video at times normally rank higher but it got very less views. After that all tags started to rank lower as a result views on video started to drop. I have tried every thing very attractive custom thumbnails, titles but not successful right now. Kindly advice what I am missing.

Consistency is key, keep making content consistently and it will come. Maybe not overnight. One thing I stopped doing was comparing my success to that of others. Set goals you want to reach and when you meet them or dont, reassess. So overall be consistent :) I'll check out your channel and give some feedback.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I watched the video you put in the link above. And 6k subs is pretty amazing! Not sure what else could be done maybe try different formats of filming. But your style is lecture-based and that's what your viewers are looking for. I would go back and just say be consistent unless the youtube algo picks up the video and pushes it to millions of viewers it probably wont rank higher.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
How are your impressions looking? If you're getting high impressions, but low views, my guess is your CTR is pretty low.
Your thumbnails are very busy, and considering your channel has the word "lectures" in it, that tells me you're a study channel and to be real and blunt, your banner looks like you don't have much experience in design (and that's fair enough, not many people have a background in design) unfortunatly, you do need quality banners and thumbnails if you're going to come across as a professional channel, especially when it comes to lectures.

You have good titles, and your keywords look strong, but personally your thumbnails are weak, cluttered and very busy making the first impression of the video look like it's potentially a quickly put together video. That might not be the case, but lets be real, people judge a book on it's cover.

You've done the right job of using good titles and search times to get your videos in front of people. Without seeing the back end, my guess is your busy cluttered thumbnails are letting you down and people see your thumbnails and move past to find a video with a more crafted thumbnail that gives a better first impression.

Thumbnails are just as important as title and description. Look at your search impressions and if the impressions are there, that means your keyword research is working, but the views aren't that tells me you need to look at your thumbnails, not just the competition of the topic.

OP
OP
E

Electrical lectures

How are your impressions looking? If you're getting high impressions, but low views, my guess is your CTR is pretty low.
Your thumbnails are very busy, and considering your channel has the word "lectures" in it, that tells me you're a study channel and to be real and blunt, your banner looks like you don't have much experience in design (and that's fair enough, not many people have a background in design) unfortunatly, you do need quality banners and thumbnails if you're going to come across as a professional channel, especially when it comes to lectures.

You have good titles, and your keywords look strong, but personally your thumbnails are weak, cluttered and very busy making the first impression of the video look like it's potentially a quickly put together video. That might not be the case, but lets be real, people judge a book on it's cover.

You've done the right job of using good titles and search times to get your videos in front of people. Without seeing the back end, my guess is your busy cluttered thumbnails are letting you down and people see your thumbnails and move past to find a video with a more crafted thumbnail that gives a better first impression.

Thumbnails are just as important as title and description. Look at your search impressions and if the impressions are there, that means your keyword research is working, but the views aren't that tells me you need to look at your thumbnails, not just the competition of the topic.
Thanks Banae for the feedback. since you mainly emphasis on my thumbnail quality, I want to clarify that actually my main concern of this blog is that my video has very less impressions (thumbnail) although it appears in search result. Once my thumbnail starts to show then comes ctr (click through rate ) which tells the how much people click your video based on thumbnail. My concern is why this video has so less impressions

Pete A Turner

Known Member
This is good counsel. Keep learning. You're actually way a head of a lot of people. This isn't math...there are numbers, but what you create and how you improve your discoverability are an art. BTW, you're really doing great.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Pete A Turner

Known Member

Also most any academic subject might grow slower than some comedy channel or other entertainment channels. Note this professor at Georgia Tech is teaching analog electronic circuits for musicians who want to build analog synthesizers: https://www.youtube.com/c/Lantertronics/featured

Note he has been on YouTube since 2008, yet only has 3.3k subscribers. Many of which are probably his own students.

The thing is you've amassed twice the subscribers in one year that he has only amassed in 13 years. I thing you're being unrealistic in what to expect. You are growing amazingly fast in a highly technical and academic niche.
This is the best part of this thread. Here's the formula Affect > Effect

Reactions: Damon

MuhammaRashedulIslam

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Success does not come in a short period. You have to stay with it long-term.Then You will get success, inshallah. or you can move to the proper section.