• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Best Video Editing software/apps

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Tubebuddy family,
Can anyone suggestion the best software/apps for video editing (free and paid) ?
Thank you in advance
Sanjogita !

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use an editing software called Vegas Platinum 17. It's not free, but I got it for my birthday and it was about a $60 one-time fee. I don't know where you live, but if you are in the US you can get it for $39.99 at BestBuy.com. If you want to see a list of some of the features, you can check them out here, but I also even sometimes make my thumbnails using the editor.

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Hitfilm Express, but keep in mind you will need a strong computer as it has some big system requirements.

John Agnese

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I used to edit on Wondershare Video Editor since like 2016, then I moved to that Pinnacle Studios which is kind of hard and it was glitching, and when I joined the film class they use Adobe Premiere Pro so I switched to Premiere Pro.

Doug B

IΓÇÖm on the Mac platform, so this may or may not be applicable to you. I use Camtasia and iMovie. IΓÇÖm probably going to be upgrading to Final Cut Pro, as iMovie is starting to feel a bit restrictive.

Doug B

IΓÇÖm on the Mac platform, so this may or may not be applicable to you. I use Camtasia and iMovie. IΓÇÖm probably going to be upgrading to Final Cut Pro, as iMovie is starting to feel a bit restrictive.

byyzeroh

Subscriber Goal
I picked up Vegas Pro 14 from Humble Bundle a few years back and found it to be ok to start out with. I do highly recommend picking it up when it appears on sale cause it cost me like $20 instead of $100+ ;)

Office Mystic

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It depends on the content. I enjoy using Camtasia 2019 (2021 isn't working great for me) for my Microsoft Office tutorials. The software is easier to use than DaVinci Resolve, but it doesn't have as many features. I use WavePad to modify the audio if necessary.

salientfilm

Subscriber Goal
Unless you want to pay Adobe monthly to use an NLE go with Davinci Resolve-base suite is free. The only good thing about Premiere is that it integrates with the adobe creative suite. But even that can get problematic once you start doing larger projects. FCPX i hear is good for vloggers since it is fast and easy to navigate the interface. And you only pay for it once! :p

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I have been using Wondershare Filmora but something is off about it.
is there any other software I look forward to?

What is off about it? I use Filmora 11 and it is the best version of Filmora since I started with Version 9.

There are MANY video editors available to choose from if you are going to pay for it. Free versions have much more narrower options. I hear DaVinci Resolve is very good for a free editor but it may not be easy to use.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have been using Wondershare Filmora but something is off about it.
is there any other software I look forward to?

Please make sure that you use the correct sub-forum when it comes to asking questions about gear, we have a dedicated subforum and moreover, a dedicated thread or two for discussing Video Editing Software.

This thread will be merged with the existing thread.

Thank you!

MR must_vid

well, there are many but when it comes to Application i will recommend to go with Alight Motion. On the other hand, for windows you can adobe premier.

Last edited: