• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Would you click on these?

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
From what I've read, the clearer and less cluttered the better. So, my question is would these thumbnails make you click on my video? If no, why not? I'd love some feedback. Cheers :D

Attachments

• eft.png
    eft.png
    625.3 KB · Views: 154
  • PART 1(8).png
    PART 1(8).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • PART 1(1).png
    PART 1(1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 155

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Unless you're a super fan of the series, unfortunately none of those thumbs are all that clickable because it gives zero indication of what's going to be seen in the video. Using the cover art and then slapping on "part 1" or "part 2" is pretty boring in terms of thumbnails. You want to convey what's going to happen in the video that's a key moment worth clicking. There's a million "hitman part 7" thumbnails. why should someone click your part 7 instead of some other channel's part 7 thumbnail?

Reactions: Dino93
OP
OP
Dino93

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Unless you're a super fan of the series, unfortunately none of those thumbs are all that clickable because it gives zero indication of what's going to be seen in the video. Using the cover art and then slapping on "part 1" or "part 2" is pretty boring in terms of thumbnails. You want to convey what's going to happen in the video that's a key moment worth clicking. There's a million "hitman part 7" thumbnails. why should someone click your part 7 instead of some other channel's part 7 thumbnail?

I appreciate this! I'm still learning on how to get the most out of my thumbnails. I've changed them since this and I've incorporated the story more into my thumbnails along with my titles. They're still not perfect, but I think I'm getting there!

Attachments

• IMG_20210310_164340.jpg
    IMG_20210310_164340.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 140

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
From what I've read, the clearer and less cluttered the better. So, my question is would these thumbnails make you click on my video? If no, why not? I'd love some feedback. Cheers :D

I wouldn't, I can't see what they say. Although I may click on your channel to see what Part 1 is :)

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
They decent. Though I think adding a bit more bright images or text would make your thumbnails that much better. You don't want to have the image(s) or text too dark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dino93

Dino93

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Did a little research and learned how to make more eye catching thumnails. Said i'd add them here and see if they're a bit more attention grabbing :D

Attachments

• LN2.5.png
    LN2.5.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 126
  • H3.8.png
    H3.8.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 129
  • LN2.4.png
    LN2.4.png
    321.9 KB · Views: 145

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
I have to agree with most of what's already been said. I would suggest picking up Affinity Photo, watching a few videos on YouTube about it, and learn to make better and more engaging thumbnails. That engagement is VERY important because it means views. And once they view you just have to make sure your video can hold there attention for at least 50% of your video. But it'll hard at first. You'll probably lose them around the 30 seconds to the 1-minute mark.