• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What to do for sub4sub comments?

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
I just got one yesterday, some vanlife vlog looking channel... I didn't reply, just deleted it.
Is there a point to reply something like it's against YT guidelines? Would it be good for the algorithm to see I have one comment more or should I just keep deleting?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There are people who would keep on asking for sub4sub and there's nothing you can do about it, you can definitely report them once or maybe twice or thrice but you can't change people's mindset, the best thing here will be to ignore them as mentioned above or you can just ensure that you change your comment settings or privacy and make it so that it requires your approval of all the comments, in this way you can manually moderate it or you can ask some moderator of your channel to check them out and filter them, it'd require bit work but that'd be best.

And you can try reporting to YT on Twitter but I doubt it will work.

Reactions: Varjopihlaja

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
There are people who would keep on asking for sub4sub and there's nothing you can do about it,

It's actually very easy to avoid getting sub4sub comments. You go to your channel settings in creator studio, under community you have the option to add custom blocked words. Words like "sub" "subs" "plz" "please" "support" "Friends" "follow" etc, and add a few misspellings like "5ub" etc usually takes care of those sub4subbers. I very rarely ever see them publicaly in my comments. Sometimes you will get comments that aren't sub4sub using those trigger words, like "I love showing my friends your videos" "I've been following your channel for years, great work" etc, and those you can manually approve.

It's pretty easy and YouTube gives you lots of control so there's plenty you can do about it.

Reactions: Varjopihlaja

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah!!! We can do that!! let's make them famous on Twitter :p

• Haha
Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I just got one yesterday, some vanlife vlog looking channel... I didn't reply, just deleted it.
Is there a point to reply something like it's against YT guidelines? Would it be good for the algorithm to see I have one comment more or should I just keep deleting?

For us at TB it's in our block word list. I remove, report, and move on they can get you IN TROUBLE and banned long term. Not worth it.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Never, ever, never. DonΓÇÖt do it. Sub for a sub is not good as per Youtube policy and
it will always end in disaster. Instead of deleting them, you should stop them by
adding them to your block word list.

MuhammaRashedulIslam

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
If I get this type of comment,I will report the comment

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I say you can set up a filter to catch the sub4sub comments and put it as a banned word and if any slip through then you can delete it when you see it appear.