• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear Rode wireless mic

raysallotment

Subscriber Goal
Brought a rode wireless mic to impove the sound on the videos. so far it has been useless. not sure if i am using it wrong but had
the muffler on and wind noise was terrible. Second go had mic inside jacket with muffler and could not hear any sound.

Its going back if I cannot get good sound.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Which RODE setup? If you are talking about the wireless GO without a lav connected, this would be expected to a certain degree. Without a lav it is most useful in a quiet indoor environment regardless of what is implied by the marketing materials. Adding the Go LAV should make it sound better in most other uses.

If you are talking about the Filmmaker's Kit and aren't getting good sound, there may be an issue.

Either way, using a wireless system is more of an art than people realize. There are a ton of videos on YouTube on how to get the best sound out of wireless setups. Mic placement makes a huge difference.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Brought a rode wireless mic to impove the sound on the videos. so far it has been useless. not sure if i am using it wrong but had
the muffler on and wind noise was terrible. Second go had mic inside jacket with muffler and could not hear any sound.

Its going back if I cannot get good sound.
I"m not a fan of Rode products. I default to Shure and branch out from there as needed. Rode, from my experience, doesn't reliably improve a show's sound

Damoforce

TubeBuddy Pro
I've been thinking of getting a wireless mic. The main thing and with the RODE is you want to get a LAV. Yes, the RODE has one built into it, but won't be 100% useful

Flufffinger

Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I use the Rode Wireless Go and the in-built mic on that is more for inside use. Once outside you definitely want to use a lavalier connected to it which is what I do and it works okay (all of my outdoor speaking during my videos is with the Wireless Go).