• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official Will I Ever Get My New PC With Videocard's MIA?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Man, I'm learning the hard way that my dream of building a new PC is gonna cost me a lot more than I had hoped. I am working on getting a new PC in March but my chances of getting a good videocard right now are about as good as winning the lotto. Nvidia's 30 series is currently out of stock and the 20 series is still ridiculously expensive. Even prebuilt rigs are not carrying 30 series cards in most cases. Unless I plan on spending $3k plus for a PC which might be the end result. Either that or I wait for months for 30 series to show up again. I know I don't need a 30 series at the moment but the problem is the 30 series is currently at similar prices to the 20 series and with 50% more power, so getting a 20 series is basically paying more for the older model because the prices have not changed. If anything they are higher because of the demand.

I still have a month and a half before I can get the PC, so I hope the cards start stocking again. But man, I don't wanna spend $3k plus at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: Live Polarex

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Man, I'm learning the hard way that my dream of building a new PC is gonna cost me a lot more than I had hoped. I am working on getting a new PC in March but my chances of getting a good videocard right now are about as good as winning the lotto. Nvidia's 30 series is currently out of stock and the 20 series is still ridiculously expensive. Even prebuilt rigs are not carrying 30 series cards in most cases. Unless I plan on spending $3k plus for a PC which might be the end result. Either that or I wait for months for 30 series to show up again. I know I don't need a 30 series at the moment but the problem is the 30 series is currently at similar prices to the 20 series and with 50% more power, so getting a 20 series is basically paying more for the older model because the prices have not changed. If anything they are higher because of the demand.

I still have a month and a half before I can get the PC, so I hope the cards start stocking again. But man, I don't wanna spend $3k plus at the moment.
The video card lottery seems to have been going through turbulant times for the better part of 3 years. If anything, I'd say it's "better" at the moment simply because you're not competing with crypto miners. You're simply competing with other gamers, and the fact that manufacturing has been hit significantly thanks to covid... and of course, you have scalpers getting in and purchasing all the cards and selling them for overly inflated prices. For the love of all things tech, DON'T buy from a scalper.

I reckon if you can find a second hand 1080ti for around $800ish, go for that. 1080ti is a great card. Doesn't have raytracing, but it'll get the job done, and you might be waiting a while. I honestly wouldn't expect being able to get a 30 series card until the 40 series are announced, if they're even going to be called the 40 series.

Reactions: BraveStar

HariMakaren

I believe that if someone wants a more powerful iron under the table, it is better to build something yourself. As you will have more confidence in this pc. Because you'll know exactly what you're using and you'll get exactly the specs you need for your activity. I bought different variants of ready-made computers and I could find some disadvantage in each one. But once I built it myself I didn't want to buy any more. Yes, it is a little bit more expensive, but it is worth it. And to make money for https://1houseofpokies.com/bonuses is not very difficult. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited: