• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do you get more attention if you are physically attractive ?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
For example, these two channels have their content on the same niche, both have a high quality content on every aspect. But one of them are physically attractive, like Ken and Barbie and the other one is not. Do both channel will get the same attention or the one with more physically attractive will get the most views ?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, attractiveness is mostly subjective. But sadly we live in a time where looks matter to a lot of people, especially for female content creators. One needs only to look at a place like Twitch to see that a lot of the top female streamers happen to be very attractive women as well as great streamers/gamers. I personally don't believe it's a coincidence though I will admit they deserve their fame because they are really good at creating content in most cases. I can't deny I avoid watching female streamers often because I'm a married man and my wife is the jealous type and will never believe I watch for the content (in my case gameplay of games I enjoy watching) and not because she might be very pretty or dressed in a way that will call a man's (or woman's) attention.

It shouldn't really matter if the content is good but that's how things tend to be these days.

Just my 2 cents.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Click bait abounds because it works, so yes the physically attractive presenters will get more attention. But, remember 2 things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and accept the fact that we are all human and in general fairly simple beings..............

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yes... beauty is going to make a difference. That is the way people are wired and that is just a sad fact of our society. No, that is not likely the case in the example you mention; there are FAR more variables that go into play than just whether someone is more attractive or not. I firmly believe that personality goes further than beauty... and knowledge/skill/sense of humor also all come in to play. But in the case mentioned above I would imagine the difference has more to do with audience retention due to editing style, where their impressions are coming from... things like that. It has to do with the quality of the content being published (as perceived by their individual audiences) more than aesthetics.

Reactions: LaziboiGamer

LaziboiGamer

youtu.be
Subscriber Goal
Well to be honest. As long as the Content is good I don't think it has that much of an impact. But on the other hand people might also say it wouldn't hurt to be easy on the eyes I guess‍♂️