• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Is the quality of contents good enough?

Geoskills

Subscriber Goal
User name: Geoskills
Title of thread: Is the quality of contents good enough?
Self review: I have done few videos and got a quick increase in numbers of subscribers, I think I was doing OK, but currently Im not gaining any new subscriber. I feel that, people might need something new but couldnt figure it out by myself. Please help...
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC-cN9aRxzju6Zdu6HAKxhtA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/37196/

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The most immediate thing I notice is that your thumbnails are impossible to read. The lime-green and white on a white background makes it so that the text can't be read at small sizes. You have also used the same exact background on all but one video. Given that, it looks like you have posted a lot of the same videos.

I am guessing since I can't see your weighted keyword data, but I strongly suspect you have used short keywords that have low competition and low search volume. When I check I see almost very keyword as ranking incredibly low, so it looks like you didn't do very much work in Keyword Explorer.

I check two videos. In both cases there is no voice-over at all. You chose to use yellow (another light color) over a white background meaning I am forced to read the subtitles to watch your video and the subtitles are awfully hard to read because of the color and font choice.

Reactions: Geoskills

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
With no person to look at throughout the entire video and also no voiceover I feel like the viewer really needs to be super interested in the content to sit through it. With a screen capture were you need to pay attention at what is happening you also need to read the subtitles at the same this. It's hard to keep up with. Your subtitles have a drop shadow that also makes it hard to read which again is puting up a roadblock for the viewer.

At the end add some extra video footage to make the video longer so that the end card thing does not cover your actual content. The way it is right now the viewer cannot see the ending of whatever is explained.

To make text more legible think about a good contrasty color. Black is used most of the time for a reason. Also don't go too crazy with the font as this will also have an effect on how easy it is to read.

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would say, To make your thumbnails easier to read, The letters and the background are both very bright colors.
Maybe make the text a darker color and leave the background green.

Another thing would be is to maybe use your voice in your videos to keep your viewers interested. You can still have the music as some sort of background music, but make it less loud.

OP
OP
Geoskills

Geoskills

Subscriber Goal
Thank you all for your positive comments. I will try to incorporate your advices and see the results. Thank you again

OP
OP
Geoskills

Geoskills

Subscriber Goal
With no person to look at throughout the entire video and also no voiceover I feel like the viewer really needs to be super interested in the content to sit through it. With a screen capture were you need to pay attention at what is happening you also need to read the subtitles at the same this. It's hard to keep up with. Your subtitles have a drop shadow that also makes it hard to read which again is puting up a roadblock for the viewer.

At the end add some extra video footage to make the video longer so that the end card thing does not cover your actual content. The way it is right now the viewer cannot see the ending of whatever is explained.

To make text more legible think about a good contrasty color. Black is used most of the time for a reason. Also don't go too crazy with the font as this will also have an effect on how easy it is to read.
Thank you