• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook The best way for sharing Youtube Video on Social Media

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I utilize pretty much every social media outlet available. I like to give about 1-2 sentences describing the video, then end it with a question to get the conversation going! MOST social media page algorithms are based on engagement, so the more interesting I can get the conversation, the better chances it has of getting in front of potential viewers.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, you are right. It's quite good to share only the part of the video as a thriller
instead of just share a link to social media. I follow the same and utilizes almost
all the social media channels for this. It helps me to get more potential viewers.

daveying

There is a tip said that it's better to share only the part of the video as a thriller instead of just share a link to social media like Facebook or Linkedin. Is it right?

The reason is because:
If you share your YouTube video directly on Facebook, the post will get very little reach.
Meaning very few people will see it.

Facebook wants to keep people on their platform and continue using Facebook for as long as possible, they don't want to send people outside of Facebook!
(the same goes for YouTube by the way...)

This is why you don't want to share your YouTube video link (or in fact, any external links that takes people out of Facebook) on Facebook ΓÇö it's not effective.

Here's what you can do instead:
You can post a photo of your video's Thumbnail in Facebook, tease about the video and ask people leave a comment whether they want to watch it.
Which is a great way to boost enagement that post on Facebook, because the more comments you have on that post, the more people will see it.

And whenever anybody leaves a comment on that Facebook post saying they're interested.
You reply to their comment (to get even more engagement) and then you can message directly on Facebook and give them the link to your YouTube video
...or an even better way is to tell them what keywords to search on YouTube to find your video

Hope this helps!

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There is a tip said that it's better to share only the part of the video as a thriller instead of just share a link to social media like Facebook or Linkedin. Is it right?
Do whatever works for you. Do a trial and error to figure out what is the best way to share your content. Some strategies that work for others might not work for you. And visa versa.

Extra Stars Academy

Subscriber Goal
I haven't been getting much engagement, in fact any engagement in my Facebook posts. I guess I will give your suggestion a try.

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
Same goes with me, where I usually post the whole video link on Facebook but seems no views comes from there. I guess I have no choice than to try this method to see if it works.

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
The reason is because:
If you share your YouTube video directly on Facebook, the post will get very little reach.
Meaning very few people will see it.

Facebook wants to keep people on their platform and continue using Facebook for as long as possible, they don't want to send people outside of Facebook!
(the same goes for YouTube by the way...)

This is why you don't want to share your YouTube video link (or in fact, any external links that takes people out of Facebook) on Facebook ΓÇö it's not effective.

Here's what you can do instead:
You can post a photo of your video's Thumbnail in Facebook, tease about the video and ask people leave a comment whether they want to watch it.
Which is a great way to boost enagement that post on Facebook, because the more comments you have on that post, the more people will see it.

And whenever anybody leaves a comment on that Facebook post saying they're interested.
You reply to their comment (to get even more engagement) and then you can message directly on Facebook and give them the link to your YouTube video
...or an even better way is to tell them what keywords to search on YouTube to find your video

Hope this helps!
I agree 100% of this! What get me you can monetize a Facebook page too! I don't know why people who use YouTube want Facebook follower! just start a Facebook page and post your picture and video you can make more money on Facebook then YouTube can

masadityaro

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Better not share anything about youtube on other social media. just let YT with its algorithm. Just my opinion

Reactions: MattCommand1

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
can we share videos on all social media sites?

You can share on most sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The issue is that each site has a different way, and in most cases, those sites are going to suppress your post because want you to post natively to their site and they view a link to a YT video as drawing viewers off their site. You can still do it though. Just watch out posting in moderated groups, such as Facebook groups. There are some real anal moderators in Facebook groups that will ban you at the first hint of posting a YT video. There has been a lot of YT link abuse and people automatically have a bad reaction to it as a result. If you do post, you have to make sure the post is 100% organic in nature and appears that you are just posting something informative and relative to the conversation. Also, NEVER post links from an account linked to your YT channel. This is seen as "SELF PROMOTION, and although every other business on earth is thought to be normal for self-promoting, it has somehow become evil for a YouTuber to do it.

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
Facebook used to be a booming source of my traffic to YouTube. Then they changed their algorithms to favor native video and not to favor external links of any kind. But I have found a few ways around it to continue getting a lot of traffic from Facebook.

1. The easy way - pay for ads. Do low budget ads with the goal of people seeing your video or youtube link. Facebook will definitely help you if you're giving them money. But if that isn't in your budget and by that I maybe spend $15 to $30 an add for a few days worth, then move to the hard way...
  2. The hard way - develop a community on Facebook, get known as an expert in your niche. Then post the video on your brand page as well as groups you're a part of that allow it. The more known you are, the better of a chance people will click your links. I also recommend creating and growing your own group. My group is up to nearly 20,000 members and when I post a video, I still get a lot of referrals from FB.
  3. Alternatively, why not make video for Facebook as well? Make one for YT and maybe a shorter one for FB and develop a second community at FB. Now that that FB is starting to monetize, it might be a good idea. Whatever you do, I'd follow the 80/20 rule for digital marketing on social media - 80% content should be native and fun, 20% content should be your ads/sales. Give give give give give give sell.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I agree 100% of this! What get me you can monetize a Facebook page too! I don't know why people who use YouTube want Facebook follower! just start a Facebook page and post your picture and video you can make more money on Facebook then YouTube can
The problem is when you post on Facebook they actually own it. They can do whatever they want to with your hard-earned content. Or at least this is what I've heard. Maybe someone can clarify this. Is this right?

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
The problem is when you post on Facebook they actually own it. They can do whatever they want to with your hard-earned content. Or at least this is what I've heard. Maybe someone can clarify this. Is this right?
Well any time you post on any social media you have chance for someone to take your content! Facebook is the most rewarding for your hard-earned content! So to answer your question is no Facebook will not take ownership over your content in fact Facebook encourages content creator to post the same video or reel or picture multi time a month to grow faster or to make more money per month. YouTube I have 1,438 subscribe started the channel two year ago and Facebook I have 29,000 follower started that page the same year of my YouTube channel.i spend all my time on YouTube to grow but I never show no love to Facebook page once I understood Facebook was a better choice for my content I went all in. I make more money on my Facebook page then on my YouTube channel. the best advice I can give is to never have all your eggs in one basket

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Well any time you post on any social media you have chance for someone to take your content! Facebook is the most rewarding for your hard-earned content! So to answer your question is no Facebook will not take ownership over your content in fact Facebook encourages content creator to post the same video or reel or picture multi time a month to grow faster or to make more money per month. YouTube I have 1,438 subscribe started the channel two year ago and Facebook I have 29,000 follower started that page the same year of my YouTube channel.i spend all my time on YouTube to grow but I never show no love to Facebook page once I understood Facebook was a better choice for my content I went all in. I make more money on my Facebook page then on my YouTube channel. the best advice I can give is to never have all your eggs in one basket

This is off subject, but can you give me some advice on Shih Tzus? My wife and I have owned Shih Tzus for a very long time. Our first Shih Tzu was given to us by a friend. He lived to be old age and died of natural old age causes. My wife was so broken-hearted I went looking for another Shih Tzu. I found a couple that had an AKC registered male and female that would not sell them apart. They were not fixed or related and when the female was five years old, we bred them once to get some offspring. We kept a female and gave the other pups to family members that had been waiting years (our Shih Tzus are loved by all). That female pup is now five years old, which makes her parents ten. We know they will only be with us for a couple more years because the average lifespan of Shih Tzus is around 12 years. We also know that it is not good to breed females after five years of age. Want a third-generation from our line, but obviously her father cannot be the stud because we had him fixed and he is her father anyway. So we need to find a suitable stud for our five-year-old female this year, but we are finding it impossible to find anyone with a real Shih Tzu that is willing to offer us stud service.

Can you recommend a way I can look for someone that we could approach? How would you go about doing this? We have never tried this before. I have tried connecting with owners on Facebook dog groups, but that has been like navigating a minefield. People can get pretty vicious when you talk about breeding your dog on Facebook. They act like it is some kind of sin.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
Glad to be corrected. I've heard that several times that FB owns whatever is put up on their platform. I'm going to look into putting videos up on FB. Thanks.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily