• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!
  • Guest - Get your 2020 year in review! Click Here to get your review!

Channel Review Cooking channel looking to standout

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: minusthirtyfilms
Title of thread: Cooking channel looking to standout
Self review: I've recieved some good advice and feedback on other posts regarding indvidual things. I'm now looking for some feedback for the channel as an entire package. Basically my channel is a spoof/satire of cooking shows, while also being a cooking show. The goal is to be entertaining enough to be a draw in itself, not just for specifc recipes. My latest video (cookie recipe) is the closest yet to what I'm aiming for. The biggest thing I'm looking for from feedback is something I don't know. IE "I don't know what I don't know". I am hoping fresh eyes will be able to point out something that I need to do, change, or remove, etc... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB2V6ExYUNcSCSPmnj4QZNQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/36433/post-113742

MoneyFocusChannel

Hi Chris,

Firstly, well done on the channel - I actually really enjoyed watching your video (I also watched another as I enjoyed the first one!) Your editing skills are great, you get to the point instead of waffling for ages in the intro, great! and you've hit all the best practices. In terms of video content I personally think you're nailing it.

My suggestions - I personally think the thumbnails could be better, they're quite hard to read and don't take this to heart but I do think they could be more professional.

Also another suggestion - in your description you could include the ingredients so it's easy for people to make note if they do decide to try cooking themselves... I personally would find it annoying if i wanted to try cooking at come to watch the video to find the ingredients/recipe! People want things yesterday and I personally think it would help! You could also mention you include the ingredients for quick access in your video as not everyone clicks on the desc!

Hope that helps? Overall great channel and keep up the hard work and consistency!!!!

OP
OP
minusthirtyfilms

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Chris,

Firstly, well done on the channel - I actually really enjoyed watching your video (I also watched another as I enjoyed the first one!) Your editing skills are great, you get to the point instead of waffling for ages in the intro, great! and you've hit all the best practices. In terms of video content I personally think you're nailing it.

My suggestions - I personally think the thumbnails could be better, they're quite hard to read and don't take this to heart but I do think they could be more professional.

Also another suggestion - in your description you could include the ingredients so it's easy for people to make note if they do decide to try cooking themselves... I personally would find it annoying if i wanted to try cooking at come to watch the video to find the ingredients/recipe! People want things yesterday and I personally think it would help! You could also mention you include the ingredients for quick access in your video as not everyone clicks on the desc!

Hope that helps? Overall great channel and keep up the hard work and consistency!!!!
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I'm definitely going to work on my thumbnails. Much appreciated!

Saucisse Gang

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Chris, i really like the intro of ur youtube channel u have really great video quality and i really like ur editing ur so good in front of the camera fr like everyone said the 1 thing that u could do better its the thumbnail but other then that everything perfect u got 1 sub from me :)

MANUELJARAGONS

TubeBuddy User
www.manueljaragons.com
Subscriber Goal
Loved the concept! is like "the cooking show to end all cooking shows"!

Overall the channel looks consistent, thumbnails are uniform and clear. I personally would choose different colors, but that's personal preference.
However, when i go into the channel it is not clear that is a teachable satire channel, I would suggest you research on how to make the satire palatable to the eye at first glance.

I loved your camera presence, and the way the videos are edited is very well done. Those b-roll are outstanding.

Overall it's a very solid concept with lots of potential :D Would love to see you grow with it!