• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Watching Hours

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Possibilities...

Did you delete a video?

If not, likely a fake user/bot purge.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
There is a holiday ramp-up, especially if you have a review or how-to video. The numbers start reeling back at the beginning of the week, and could ramp up a little (for how to videos) after Christmas.

But I don't know what you do for video, nor if you are talking a specific video, or your channel in general.

Need more Info, please.

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
Fewer watch hours are due to the videos you have uploaded have been out dated or became irrelevant or there may be more updated videos out there than yours.
For example if you are a tech channel you have to post about the latest tech news. People won't watch old videos unless they are some viral ones.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Why are my watching hours reducing?
I think we need a bit more context around what you mean by "reducing" do you mean that they're lower this month compared to previous months? And the best way to find "why" hours are reducing, is to look at individual video watch time graphs to see what part of your video is "boring" to your audience.

study time boring.PNG
This video did fairly well compared to my average video (still bad though. 20% retention is "horrible" in the opinion of most. You generally want at least 50% or more... but you can see my intro was boring to half the people so they dropped out... the rest of the video was "interesting" enough to keep most through, but people progressively got more and more bored, probably because my video was too long, and my face and voice is probably annoying. The topic at the time was good, so that's why it did well out of the gate.

mummy boring.PNG
This is one of my worst performing videos. It wasn't edited, the topic was pretty boring to most. I THOUGHT Halloween would be a good opportunity to draw some Halloween inspired dinosaurs, but evidently people didnt care, and my intro was boring, I probably talked too much by 2 minutes in and people just dropped out and didn't care. Maybe 3% of them skipped to the end to see if the video got any better.

Look at your watch graphs of each individual video, and be honest with yourself. Are you picking interesting topics that will interest your audience? Do you deliver your message clearly and quickly. Do you ramble on and drag things out longer than you need to?

All of these factors will affect your watch time. Then it's a combination of seasons. People spend less time on YouTube during the holiday seasons, so that's another reason why your watch time overall will decrease.

Reactions: kamaalzindagi

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
people usually watch videos dependin on their mood and the surrounding environmental change. Each and every thing contribute to the change of mind for your subscribers. They won't be the same all the time. The views reducing might be due to either the contents of your videos are becoming irrelevant and old or there are more channels which can post more great contents in that same concept

Reactions: kamaalzindagi