• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Instagram What is the best social media that helps to grow a youtube channel?

marcmancuso

mancusorealtor.com
Subscriber Goal
You just need a good tiktok account. start working on it. FB is a good idea and maybe reddit but the YT watch time maybe low with reddit. FB people know you better and are more likely to engage with your channel and vids.

Reactions: Consultora Natura

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
None.

Allow me to explain.

Social Media is an opportunity for you to connect to others on a more personal level. It allows you to engage your audience in a way that the YouTube comments section never could. Share behind the scenes photos and experiences, give insight into your day to day life, inspire, chat and network with people on a level that has never before been available to us. Because of the absurd amount of reach it is easy to confuse this with the ability to touch millions of people and have them cross platform to subscribe to your YouTube channel, and that idea is just wrong.

Can it be done? Sure. You'll get some subscribers who actually make the jump. But it is far more difficult to convince the Facebook guy who likes Facebook and is enjoying his time on Facebook to leave what he is doing and enjoying to go see some new, random persons YouTube channel.

A better idea; use YouTube to find your audience. Master best practices, do your keyword research and get comfortable with SEO and let all of that do the work in finding your fans. That is what all of that is there for, it is far more efficient and it puts you in front of people who are specifically looking for the exact thing that you are doing! Use your social media accounts to provide the more immersive experience that allows your audience to enjoy the atmosphere that surrounds your videos. It doesn't matter which one. Give your fans the opportunity to become superfans by learning and growing with you.

Promotedsandra

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
None.

Allow me to explain.

Social Media is an opportunity for you to connect to others on a more personal level. It allows you to engage your audience in a way that the YouTube comments section never could. Share behind the scenes photos and experiences, give insight into your day to day life, inspire, chat and network with people on a level that has never before been available to us. Because of the absurd amount of reach it is easy to confuse this with the ability to touch millions of people and have them cross platform to subscribe to your YouTube channel, and that idea is just wrong.

Can it be done? Sure. You'll get some subscribers who actually make the jump. But it is far more difficult to convince the Facebook guy who likes Facebook and is enjoying his time on Facebook to leave what he is doing and enjoying to go see some new, random persons YouTube channel.

A better idea; use YouTube to find your audience. Master best practices, do your keyword research and get comfortable with SEO and let all of that do the work in finding your fans. That is what all of that is there for, it is far more efficient and it puts you in front of people who are specifically looking for the exact thing that you are doing! Use your social media accounts to provide the more immersive experience that allows your audience to enjoy the atmosphere that surrounds your videos. It doesn't matter which one. Give your fans the opportunity to become superfans by learning and growing with you.
This is so true thank you for this

OP
OP
Chlo with the flow

Chlo with the flow

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
None.

Allow me to explain.

WOW thanks so much your advice is amazing

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Some people prefer Facebook, others Instagram. Not everybody uses YouTube actively,
they come from other social networks. You need to check different platforms, and then
select the one that seems to fit best for you and start creating content for it.

Reactions: bectries_food

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
Really interesting discussion here! I think I get some traffic from deviantart as I quite actively link my videos under my art and people go watch them.. Though this might only apply for art :)
Instagram much less since I cannot link the video.