Affiliate Question Posting from Youtube to Facebook

EihabFitness

New User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Guys,

I am newbie here! started my social media presence 1st Jan, My Facebook has boomed to over 10k fans in three weeks, my youtube is lagging at 68 subscribers for now which is fine I will work on it. I was trying to display a youtube video on my facebook page (one off) to drive some traffic to the youtube page. when I used the tubebuddy tool, the video seemed like its within facebook; will using the tubebuddy tool to post on facebook still get me the views counted on youtube?

Thanks
Eihab

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Hi Eihab, I don't believe it will give you views on YouTube because the TubeBuddy "Publish to Facebook" tool makes it a Facebook video. What you can do is share the video the video you want to your Facebook page, and that will make it still grab views for YouTube.

OP
OP
EihabFitness

EihabFitness

New User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Drago, Thank you very much for the help, the only problem with share; I don't seem to be able to enforce CC within the video. even though I put this tag in the url "&cc_load_policy=1" . My Youtube is not doing particularly well so I thought I could get from the facebook base towards Youtube.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Hi Drago, Thank you very much for the help, the only problem with share; I don't seem to be able to enforce CC within the video. even though I put this tag in the url "&cc_load_policy=1" . My Youtube is not doing particularly well so I thought I could get from the facebook base towards Youtube.
Hmm. I unfortunately don't know anything about why that URL tag won't work. Are the closed captions your main focus with putting the video on Facebook? If so, I don't believe they would work if it was a Facebook video because I don't think Facebook has Closed Captions capability.
With sharing the video, even if closed captions aren't forced to be on right away, the option is still there.
I'll tag @Andrew here, he may be of more help.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Guys,

I am newbie here! started my social media presence 1st Jan, My Facebook has boomed to over 10k fans in three weeks, my youtube is lagging at 68 subscribers for now which is fine I will work on it. I was trying to display a youtube video on my facebook page (one off) to drive some traffic to the youtube page. when I used the tubebuddy tool, the video seemed like its within facebook; will using the tubebuddy tool to post on facebook still get me the views counted on youtube?

Thanks
Eihab
No, when you post using publish to Facebook it will choose to upload that video to Facebook. It will not reflect the views to your channel. What I do for facebook, is post the thumbnail and use our promo materials link to post a shorterend link to the YouTube video! Because just posting the link on FB gets buried because they don't want to promote a competitor Video site.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
No, when you post using publish to Facebook it will choose to upload that video to Facebook. It will not reflect the views to your channel. What I do for facebook, is post the thumbnail and use our promo materials link to post a shorterend link to the YouTube video! Because just posting the link on FB gets buried because they don't want to promote a competitor Video site.
It really gets buried like that? Wow... obviously they don't know about "growing together". Selfishness gets you nowhere, lol
I may start doing that from now on though. I kinda like the idea of the whole thumbnail being seen, plus I like TubeBuddy's new promo materials!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It really gets buried like that? Wow... obviously they don't know about "growing together". Selfishness gets you nowhere, lol
I may start doing that from now on though. I kinda like the idea of the whole thumbnail being seen, plus I like TubeBuddy's new promo materials!
Yes because Facebook wants to be the only page you're on, and if you click a YouTube video, you're not on facebook anymore are you?

I kinda like the idea of the whole thumbnail being seen
I would still do the thumbnail + link because as Andrew stated, FB doesn't want to heavily promote their competition, but if you ever want your whole thumbnail to be seen in addition to accumulating views on YouTube with it you can always use yt2fb.

Maybe if there is enough interest the TubeBuddy staff could check out yt2fb if they haven't already and if there is enough interest in full thumbnails on FB that still count as YouTube views maybe it could be implemented one day

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I would still do the thumbnail + link because as Andrew stated, FB doesn't want to heavily promote their competition, but if you ever want your whole thumbnail to be seen in addition to accumulating views on YouTube with it you can always use yt2fb.

Maybe if there is enough interest the TubeBuddy staff could check out yt2fb if they haven't already and if there is enough interest in full thumbnails on FB that still count as YouTube views maybe it could be implemented one day
Actually, what you quoted me saying was me agreeing. when you post the video link, the thumbnail is not shown in it's entirety, but if you post the whole picture yourself, plus a link with it, it will be :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

I'll bring yt2fb up in our next meeting :)!

Actually, what you quoted me saying was me agreeing. when you post the video link, the thumbnail is not shown in it's entirety, but if you post the whole picture yourself, plus a link with it, it will be :)
I understood what you meant but I might not have explained my response to it very well. I was saying while I still think it is a better idea to do a picture/link combo on Facebook, if you ever do decide that you would rather have the YouTube views count on FB + have the full thumbnail shown, you can use yt2fb. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I understood what you meant but I might not have explained my response to it very well. I was saying while I still think it is a better idea to do a picture/link combo on Facebook, if you ever do decide that you would rather have the YouTube views count on FB + have the full thumbnail shown, you can use yt2fb. Sorry for the confusion
Oh okay, I did misunderstand. I don't even know what yt2fb is, lol, so I'm gonna take a look at it.

Joe Nuccio

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Id like to say thanks, guys. Every time I pop in I always some new trick or tip. I just tried that Yt2Fb site and that seems alright too.

GrantWilson

New User
Hello guys,

I've never done it via the Yt2Fb tool. Mostly, I used the Kapwing Studio, when I needed to post my videos on my Facebook page, but it took too much time to edit each video. By the way, has anyone tried to use Tube2Gram for making your YT videos look like short promos? Just curious about the way it should look like. Any tutorial how to do this? Thanks.

Grant