• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Resources Does Tubebuddy really work?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Although this will be a biased reply as I'm a moderator, even before I was a moderator I definitely felt the Tubebuddy experience was definitely worth it. I wouldn't be moderating for something I don't believe in or have a passion for.

TubeBuddy isn't just for growth, research or better SEO practices, even though it definitely helps in all those regards, but it's also a tool that helps get tasks done quicker.
Long before YouTube brought in comment filtering (they brought it in around October 2019) I was using the TubeBuddy comment filtering and sorting to easily sort through comments I'd already replied to, and filtered it so it would only show me comments I needed to reply to. The old YouTube method was incredibly limited and resulted in a lot of scrolling and just hoping eventually you could eventually find a comment you hadn't replied to in among all the replies. The TubeBuddy filter quickly hid all the replied comments, so I could focus specifically on comments that I may have missed replying to. That in itself is an invaluable tool.

If you're a mobile only creator this is especially powerful as the YouTube studio app is still extremely limited in it's comment sorting, and the TubeBuddy app allows you to sort through comments you've replied to, hide them from your own view so you can focus on replying to those you haven't replied to. Such a powerful tool.

There's of course the keyword research tools which has helped me get better ranking keywords. You can test out tag ideas to see if they will actually perform.

A/B testing for me who's into art, super valuable, and it gives you way more data to know weather a thumbnail change has actually resulted in better performance, or worse performance. Thumbnails are the gateway to your video, if your thumbnail stinks you're less likely to get a view. You can look at a thumbnail and think "hmm... I'm not sure if this is working" and try a different thumbnail instead, use the A/B feature (legend account) and get real world data on if that thumbnail change has impacted in positive or negative views. The powerful thing here isn't necessarily the growth element, but it can also show a warning... if a new thumbnail you're trying ISN'T getting the results you hoped it would (happened to me a few times) knowing that data can prevent you from dropping CTR long term. Without that data, you THINK your thumbnail is performing better because it's "new" but in actual fact it's performing worse, and unless you manually check your CTR after a while, you don't know. If you never check your CTR and just assume a new thumbnail will work, you could be living with a lower CTR thumbnail which will be costing you potential views. A/B test results are super important in that regard.

You also have to realise that not all topics are worth doing a video on. you can get a 100/100 tag score, but if the topic isn't interesting to people, people won't be interested even if your SEO is great, this is why it's good to do keyword testing and exploring BEFORE making a video.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
TB is not a magic bullet. It's a tool to give you data to help make decisions about your channel. If you're looking for a magic bullet, then you're not going to find it anywhere. If you are serious about building your YouTube channel, then plan on 1,000 high quality videos that have been well researched with high ranking keywords, SEO, thumbnails via all the tools TubeBuddy provides.

Success = doing all the right things over very long periods of time. TubeBuddy simply helps you find those right things. What you do with that data is up to you.

Last edited:

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone have experience with Tubebuddy? I used the tags it suggested and used a title that got a score of 100/100 but I feel like no one is seeing my video unless I reach out to people directly. Anyone know how to best use the extension? Or is it not worth it?
Make content that is more serachable. Make sure you do the right keyword research and make sure your thumbnail is catchy. You will get views every day. So yes tubebuddy works!

Reactions: videosforkids

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm new to youtube and TubeBuddy, but so far it's helped me focus my keywords, tags, and description. I've even started using it to plan future vids. Also, I've notice the more I post, the more (albeit small) numbers of viewers coming from searching, whereas before it was just who I shared the vid with.

Reactions: Damon

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm new to youtube and TubeBuddy, but so far it's helped me focus my keywords, tags, and description. I've even started using it to plan future vids. Also, I've notice the more I post, the more (albeit small) numbers of viewers coming from searching, whereas before it was just who I shared the vid with.
I think you pretty much nailed the progression. I was driving all of my own views via social media before I started using TubeBuddy. The first thing I noticed was the change in where views came from. Then you start seeing your tags rank better, etc.

Benny1985

In my small channel's opinion & experience - YouTube search is the most important factor in making your channel grow. You can get views from Browse Features, Suggested Videos and Externally, which all can provide wonderful numbers of views, at least the non-external options only happen once you've "Proven Yourself" with good in-analytic metrics like CTR and Average Watch Time.

If you CAN'T get your video in front of people that'll care about your content, then your channel has a natural inclination to not do as great as it could be.

Mastering keywords for the search bar is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL. You can do this without TubeBuddy (and I've done it very well with my channel, prior to TB). You can do it without it at all but..... Its much harder, and requires both a good amount of time AND understanding of good keyword phrases you think will both describe your video and be worth in in terms of searches per month.

TubeBuddy basically simplifies all of that for you. This is worth a lot of value. I know my channel exploded almost as soon as I understood why titles mattered vs. keywords and began to ensure I had more robust descriptions and tags.

Again, you can do all the keyword research without TB. It just takes a lot longer.

I really wish the far more expensive packages were cheaper, because those are some master-class features I'd love to get, but really can't afford to shell out $50/mo yet. One day though!

Chlo with the flow

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone have experience with Tubebuddy? I used the tags it suggested and used a title that got a score of 100/100 but I feel like no one is seeing my video unless I reach out to people directly. Anyone know how to best use the extension? Or is it not worth it?
honestly i feel that that happens sometimes.