• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help What am I doing wrong? How's this even possible?

Isaac_Ra

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, I started a health and fitness YouTube channel about 5-6 weeks ago and have been really consistent with it. I myself dropped 85 pounds and got much healthier in all aspects of my life, so all my video topics come from first hand experience. I drop a lot of free game, yet sometimes my videos don't even break double digits?? My SEO score is usually high, tags on point, thumbnails are good, so what's the problem? What am I missing? I try to advertise on Facebook, but I don't have many friends so it barely helps. Some of my videos have a few hundred or 1k views, but I paid Google ads to promote, so it doesn't count. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm not trying to go viral, but at least a few hundred views per video without paying for Google to advertise would be nice.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there, donΓÇÖt fret man, youΓÇÖre fresh in the YouTube world, and no intentions on being harsh, but itΓÇÖs gonna be a long hard journey, especially at the start, IΓÇÖm about 8 or 9 months into my channel and itΓÇÖs still barely gone anywhere, the numbers are really crap and my sub count quite often freezes in place for long amounts of time, BUT I kept at it and really did notice a small difference, this is like a marathon, if youΓÇÖre serious about your channel, prepare for a long painful ride, but if you keep at it, youΓÇÖll pick up momentum.

Getting the views is never easy (unless you plan on hurling yourself into a tree or zapping your man parts or igniting your farts, but why should we do those huh :laughing: ), just make sure your videos have value that the viewers can take, make sure they can learn something from your videos, make sure youΓÇÖre entertaining and fun for them, make sure your videos arenΓÇÖt flat and boring but uplifting and motivating, make sure you stand out above the mountains of other similar content, as you can probably imagine YouTube being crowded. Overall, have fun creating, show positivity and great energy in your work, the viewers will pick up on it and enjoy coming back for more.

IΓÇÖm gonna check out your channel :blush:

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there, donΓÇÖt fret man, youΓÇÖre fresh in the YouTube world, and no intentions on being harsh, but itΓÇÖs gonna be a long hard journey, especially at the start, IΓÇÖm about 8 or 9 months into my channel and itΓÇÖs still barely gone anywhere, the numbers are really crap and my sub count quite often freezes in place for long amounts of time, BUT I kept at it and really did notice a small difference, this is like a marathon, if youΓÇÖre serious about your channel, prepare for a long painful ride, but if you keep at it, youΓÇÖll pick up momentum.

Getting the views is never easy (unless you plan on hurling yourself into a tree or zapping your man parts or igniting your farts, but why should we do those huh :laughing: ), just make sure your videos have value that the viewers can take, make sure they can learn something from your videos, make sure youΓÇÖre entertaining and fun for them, make sure your videos arenΓÇÖt flat and boring but uplifting and motivating, make sure you stand out above the mountains of other similar content, as you can probably imagine YouTube being crowded. Overall, have fun creating, show positivity and great energy in your work, the viewers will pick up on it and enjoy coming back for more.

IΓÇÖm gonna check out your channel :blush:
Thanks for this advice! Sometimes even I need to be reminded that weΓÇÖre running a marathon not a sprint. ItΓÇÖs tough when you pour your creative juices into something and see little return at first. WeΓÇÖre in the same boat...been doing this for 8 months, 50 videos and still barely see any major views or feedback from others.

Reactions: SilentCashCow

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You haven't been doing this long enough. Plan on at least 150 videos before you start noticing much traction. You're not running a marathon, you're paddling across the North Atlantic in a kayak. YouTube is not easy. The real test: There are those who stick it out and keep going, vs those who quit after realizing there is no instant gratification.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I think everyone here covered the basic of YT enough to say 5-6 weeks is a short amount of time. The second thing I think you should think about is whether the content you are making is what YouTube's audience wants to watch. Try to find something very niche or specific in health and fitness that people want to watch through Tubebuddy or Google Trends and make videos specific to those topics at first.

At the end of the day think of YouTube as a middle man, connecting its audience that wants to watch certain content with creators who are making that content.

Reactions: Damon

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
A lot of good advice in this thread! I would also like to mention that YouTube is a search engine, each new video is a new way for people to find your channel. Right now you have 30 videos, that's 30 ways for people to find your channel. Imagen when people have 300 ways or even 3000 ways to find your channel!

I looked at your most recent video and you are targeting some very competitive search terms. As a channel with less than 100 subs no matter how good your SEO are you will almost never be able to compete with channels that are 1000 times your size. If you target keywords like that you'll probably need to find other ways to marketing your videos to get views. What I recommend for smaller channels is that at least some of the videos should focus on less popular terms, try to find a smaller sub niche or an niche within a niche where your smaller channel can compete for the top spots. Even if does are not your favoiret videos to do they drive trafic and subs that will spill over to the other videos where you may not do as well in search.

• Love

FreeStyleKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there @Isaac_Ra most of the answers you allready get from other people from community, so I will agree with them completly.
Just do your thing, produce videos regulary and keep your flow going. Make much more videos, but also keep your upload flow regular, don put them all out in the same time. Try to find your ovn way to make good covers, not like others, make your own style but keep that rules about name of the video and content of it written on them. I was uoloading videos for long time and didnt care about it and now I work on that, remaking my covers to be unique.
Also social networks can help if you got friends or follovers on them.
But dont forget that YouTube is community by it self, so connect and interact with others from YouTube. Subscribe to other channels and when they publish comment and interact with them in comment section.

Nothing can grow over night if its not GMO, but if you got cash then that GMO you can do. If you go that way, then soon as you stop paying wieves will drop down, because your value was not real life but paid.

Hope I writen something of use for you.

Enjoy your day.

OP
OP
Isaac_Ra

Isaac_Ra

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
Ah my bad, I'm still new here. Removed the link.

I looked at your most recent video and you are targeting some very competitive search terms. As a channel with less than 100 subs no matter how good your SEO are you will almost never be able to compete with channels that are 1000 times your size. If you target keywords like that you'll probably need to find other ways to marketing your videos to get views. What I recommend for smaller channels is that at least some of the videos should focus on less popular terms, try to find a smaller sub niche or an niche within a niche where your smaller channel can compete for the top spots. Even if does are not your favoiret videos to do they drive trafic and subs that will spill over to the other videos where you may not do as well in search.
Hey, I appreciate the advice. I'm assuming you're talking about the supplement review I did? That video was a one off, me basically trying something different. It's not a good representation of my channel. I mostly do motivational health and fitness content that is easy to understand and beginner friendly.

• Love
Reactions: Ater and Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It may not look like much, but you are also not looking at that long term. Its a few views now, but if you are putting in the SEO research those views will continue to roll in over time (instead if just dying). Once you hit the 100+ video mark not only will those videos be pulling more views, but they will continue pulling more views in search. 100 videos averaging 30-50 views per days adds up quick, but you need your initial foundation to get that started.

SuzieQNICU

Hi Isaac, I feel your pain! And I am enjoying reading all of this very helpful advice. What I am hearing is that we need to be the tortoise in the Aesop Fable and not the hare. Darnit, I want a carrot! I don't know if it's appropriate to answer your question with another question, but the number of videos was mentioned. I have been slowly making my first few videos private because trust me when I say they are awful. Somewhere I read that we should only have high-quality videos on our channel to increase subscribers. Is this a good strategy? I only have around 15-20 (don't remember how many are not public anymore), so I know I have a long way to go before seeing results. But I wonder if we should delete some of the bad videos as we improve?

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We just posted our 50th video this week and have been doing this since Mar/Apr. Our average views are not so great, we donΓÇÖt get a lot of impressions from YouTube, some days only 20. So when they are only showing our video thumbnail 20 times in one day, weΓÇÖre not getting a huge help from YouTube. The plus side when we do get good impressions we tend to gauge in the 10% click through rate. But overall, I get the feeling just like everyone is saying, ya gotta put in the time, hit somewhere around 100/150 videos and you should start seeing some big gains. Just keep making the best videos you can and continue discovering the best keywords and SEO to support your work and it should pay off in the long run!

OP
OP
Isaac_Ra

Isaac_Ra

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
We just posted our 50th video this week and have been doing this since Mar/Apr. Our average views are not so great, we donΓÇÖt get a lot of impressions from YouTube, some days only 20. So when they are only showing our video thumbnail 20 times in one day, weΓÇÖre not getting a huge help from YouTube. The plus side when we do get good impressions we tend to gauge in the 10% click through rate. But overall, I get the feeling just like everyone is saying, ya gotta put in the time, hit somewhere around 100/150 videos and you should start seeing some big gains. Just keep making the best videos you can and continue discovering the best keywords and SEO to support your work and it should pay off in the long run!
damn dude, your channel deserves so much more views. video editing is so crisp and professional... makes my videos look like amateur hour lol. Although that's kinda the point of my channel so..

• Love
Reactions: Jbrame

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
damn dude, your channel deserves so much more views. video editing is so crisp and professional... makes my videos look like amateur hour lol. Although that's kinda the point of my channel so..
Thanks man! We have two completely different channels...weΓÇÖre entertaining, youΓÇÖre motivating...just watched the video where you went out in the rain to go work out! ThatΓÇÖs inspiring no matter how clean and crisp it is or isnΓÇÖt. Just like I said earlier, focus on making best videos. Just focus on your videos like youΓÇÖre doing with your physical/growth and youΓÇÖll crush it!!