My Solution for individual renders

• Fair

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • You monster!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
As I mentioned in the strategy area I am starting to upload my experiments with after effects onto my vfx hobby channel. I mostly use plugins like the Trapcode Suite or Element 3D. Maybe also Houdini in the future for some cool fire and smoke animations. I will provide an upload link from mediafire in the video description of those uploads.

Those assets will include animated backgrounds, intros/outros, logo reveals, graphics that could be used as basis for channel art, etc.

The usage of those assets is completely free with no royalties whatsoever. If you use one of them I would of course appreciate a mention in your description but it is not a condition nor will I try to keep track of that. ;-)

The only distiction happens if you see e.g. a logo reveal you like and want an individual render with your own logo or in a title intro your own texts. Best idea I came up with to find an arrangement - your first upload (and only the first one) with that asset has to use 2 endcards linking to my channel and my demo video of that asset. I think that's fair - what do you guys think?
Since this only works if I can do that render with minimal effort please only make requests on the basis of shown assets.

I aim for one new entry per week - so it will take some time until this can be truely be named a "library" - I will keep this Post up to date with an overview here and previews down below.

Assets:
Seamless Loop Animation

Animated Backgrounds:
--- Post updated ---
First Entry - Animated Background
"Gliding Stream" 4 - Variants (Goblin, Hell, Ice, Crystal)

Last edited:

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Yoooouuuu.... MONSTER!
How DARE you make a library of such awesome VFX things!

As I said previously, I really like it. And it's totally fair to ask for some kind attribution.
I think it will definitely be an awesome thing!

OP
OP
Life Effects

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
New Entry
Glowing Weave - a Trapcode Form background
3 short segments with different perspectives and 1 long lasting animation
--- Post updated ---
The next one is online. Marvel's Doctor Strange Shield Effect

Subscriber Goal
Absolutely Awesome. I love the pentagram effect. I have subscribed to your channel and look forward to more downloads. I will always give you an attribution mate...well done!

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Next addition - Matrix inspired

Oh my gosh, that first Matrix effect in there is THE BEST I have ever seen!! No joke! I wish you'd made this a couple months ago, lol! I was looking for one a while ago, honestly can't even remember what for, and nothing I found looked too great to me. I like the original Matrix effect.

Hey, if possible, would you be able to add in other symbols and and letters and stuff; make it even more realistic to the true Matrix? Or would that infringe on copyrights?

OP
OP
Life Effects

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
I used numbers just to simplify the process. It is absolutely possible to use alphabetic characters. I am not quite sure but I think the original used a font which looked kind of cryptic.
Should be easy enough.

Aaron

goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm a firm believer people should be paid for their work.. especially when its this good. That said seeing a thread like this personally pains me as a fellow creative, but your free to do as you will (even though I personally disagree with giving away free assets)

You make good stuff... giving things away may seem like a tool to grow but in the end its often simply a tool for others to steal your work and take advantage of you... Simply my two cents on it. With luck it goes well and you grow from it :)

OP
OP
Life Effects

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
I totally see where you coming from. I would love to be at a place where I can just experiment with this self learned craft and make a living out of it. But I feel that I am not quite there yet.
For one I think there is still much to learn and the other part is that stock assets is a well saturated market. For now I think this is a good way to broadcast "hey this is what I do and I love doing it even if I don't earn anything from it"

Later down the road there maybe a place for patreon or an online shop with the best of what I can pull up my sleeve. :)

Doug

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
youtube.com
This stuff rules!
I wish I could think of a place to need them! =D

Seriously though you should (if you haven't already) setup a way to take commission work for folks who want small tweaks but may not have after effects (or the like).