• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software looking for better editing software that's not expensive

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
I always use Virtual Machines for all my work, and some programs won't run in a VM which limits the choice, which is why I ended up with VideoPadEditor

@Alby Tastic VideoPadEditor works in a Virtual Machine? It doesn't sound like it from the name.

FYI, I do this kind of stuff at my day job (remote access to virtual machines) and all of the mainstream video editors will work in a VM just wonderfully (even "in the cloud" like AWS, Azure, GCP). The key is that you want to pass a GPU into that virtual machine for performance. You can do this at home if you are familiar with virtual machines (I use ProxMox for my hypervisor) and in the cloud you just have to pay for it, not cheap, but you also don't need to know anything. This is how the "big shops" do their editing these days, all in the cloud in VMs - all distributed work.

Anyway, "for now" I'm editing on a local machine. In the future I may do a YouTube video of setting up a remote access video editing workstation so that I can sub-out my video editing without giving them my raw media files. That will be a fun project!

Alby Tastic

Thanks for that, I use VirtualBox for all my machines because I'm used to it and it works well for what I do.
I use this VM, (The one I'm talking to you now on) as my digital workshop.
It contains all the editing software I use as well as my browsers, Opera and Firefox.
Most of my VMs reside on a 1TB SSD connected to my computer so they are all transportable etc.
So in that way they can easily be connected to different hosts should the need ever arise.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started using Wondershare Filmora recently and love it so much - you truly get your money's worth imo

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I agree with Ikerot. Shotcut is a fairly good software for video editing. Plus it's free. From what I remember.

eljthejod

Subscriber Goal
Davinci resolve is the best option there is. Its a free editing suite with god-tier features.

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm using cyberlink powerdirector 365. I think the lowest price is +Γé¼4.99 a month. But using the free version currently and it's doing well so..

Doug B

As others have said, DaVinci Resolve is amazing and free. They also have a lot of free training available. IΓÇÖm signed up for a 5-day course starting June, all free.

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Magix Delux 2024 mit Ki-Funktion. Durch die KI k├╢nnen sie mehr aus Videos herausholen als andere Programme ohne KI.