• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Election affecting views?

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve noticed a big drop in views, I thought it was Halloween which it probably was in a way, IΓÇÖm still getting something but the numbers are definitely lower, (Jeremy Clarkson care level) anyways back to the creating and uploading (Jeremy Clarkson smug look) :laughing:

Bigjesticles35

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just saw on Twitter people are having problems viewing videos on YT. Issues with slow loading times and buffering, this could account for lower views.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I can see this being a problem. It makes sense people are paying more attention to what's happening in the election in the US. Especially if your core audience is adults in the US. But take into account this will likely be the same results during the holidays where views will likely drop because people are focusing on Christmas Eve, Christmas day and so on. Sadly, this election is taking a bit longer thus cause a bit more harm to views than one would like.

Now that i think about it I haven't seen Philip DeFranco's video from yesterday because of the election. This is a first for me.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I mean, I haven't been on these forums since the election day started lol and now I'm back after the election has finally been called, so I'm just going to assume this is another part of 2020 just making people uneasy and uncertain. The difference here is people are glued to the news because they wanted to see what the future for America was going to look like, and I guess entertainment wasn't as high of a priority this past week.

Should HOPEFULLY get back to normal now though.

OP
OP
#ThreeQuotesThursday

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I mean, I haven't been on these forums since the election day started lol and now I'm back after the election has finally been called, so I'm just going to assume this is another part of 2020 just making people uneasy and uncertain. The difference here is people are glued to the news because they wanted to see what the future for America was going to look like, and I guess entertainment wasn't as high of a priority this past week.

Should HOPEFULLY get back to normal now though.
ThatΓÇÖs what I was thinking Beanie, most probably had more pressing and important priorities, especially the future of a countryΓÇÖs current president which would take precedence over me jabbering on about ownership etc...

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My views started to drop Wednesday and continued to plummet until yesterday, my latest video tanked, ranking 10/10 and all my general analytic arrows were all pointing down. Today, views are back to normal and starting to climb higher and my analytics are back up.

The US election had more air time than the new UK lockdown. I thought people would be bored and turn to YouTube for some light relief, I hadn't considered the election taking up all the internet bytes.

OP
OP
#ThreeQuotesThursday

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My views started to drop Wednesday and continued to plummet until yesterday, my latest video tanked, ranking 10/10 and all my general analytic arrows were all pointing down. Today, views are back to normal and starting to climb higher and my analytics are back up.

The US election had more air time than the new UK lockdown. I thought people would be bored and turn to YouTube for some light relief, I hadn't considered the election taking up all the internet bytes.
Glad to hear itΓÇÖs not just me then!

Those that my latest actually reached have said some good things about it so shouldΓÇÖve done better, just timing.
Oh well, thereΓÇÖs always this Thursday!

Reactions: Kari B
OP
OP
#ThreeQuotesThursday

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Maybe you can switch niches in the later seasons to cover hunting and football the switch back to fishing in spring!

oceansofflame

Views should definitely get back to normal in January, barring some huge twist of events lol

I think people are super anxious and a friend of mine who runs a prepper/survival type of a channel has seen views go up dramatically for reasons mentioned too!

Benny1985

So here's a fun one and I asked others about it:

The election had a huge effect on monetization in the US. I didn't think about it until the day after the election, and my revenue collapsed.I guess they were buying so many ads it was inflating how much my channel was making. Instead of making $10,it dropped to $7 the next day. Ouch!