• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question SMS marketing to subscribers

oceansofflame

Has anyone ever tried any SMS marketing to subscribers? I'm thinking about trying one service now that lets a viewer text message to a number and we can now send them messages via text. Does anyone else have any experience with this? good/bad?

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you were to do that I would suggest setting up a second number that is specifically just for that. I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving out a number I use for personal calls, work, or school out on YouTube. You just never know what people are going to do, just my thoughts. So if I would recommend setting up a second number for this if you do go through with it. Then you can say in videos like "text this number to receive channel updates" or something like that.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a second mobile. Perhaps Roberto Blake would be good to ask about this because apparently there's a special google number you can register for which is used for nothing else but this purpose, but I don't know much about it. Maybe @RobBalasabas or @Andrew might now more because it's more a marketing thing, but you definitely want to do a lot of research first, and DON'T using your main/private number.

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the tag @Beanie Draws :)

Hi @oceansofflame - I haven't done much SMS marketing for years, so I'm not sure how much of a resource I can be here. But, I have seen SMS happening inside a tool that we have used called ManyChat - https://manychat.com - this is a tool primarily more for Facebook Messenger Marketing, but there's an SMS aspect to it. I hope that helps in some way.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I think stuff like that is far more valuable than people think... but you need to do it right. Derral Eves just started an SMS marketing campaign that I signed up for (I believe Gary Vaynerchuk has as well). So if these guys do it then it should be worth considering. But do it right; the last thing you want is to anger your audience with promotion of some weird SMS advertising ploy or spam.

@aftabpedia

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
LetΓÇÖs be honest:

SMS marketing can be kinda spammy.
It has evolved a lot over the past few years, though.
It also helps that people are attached to their phones today.
If you can get them to opt in, theyΓÇÖre never going to miss an update or offer from your company ever again.
Start with exclusive offers to generate a huge list of subscribers quickly.
With mobile messages, you can be sure they wonΓÇÖt sit unopened or unread for days like emails.
Especially if theyΓÇÖre personalized for the recipient!
Use SMS to send coupons, poll your customers, run sweepstakes, send photos, and drive sales. The options are limitless.
Get creative with your text offers and watch your ROI grow fast.
Best of all, you can get started with a free trial to determine if you like it and to determine if it will fit into your existing marketing plan. So, worse case scenario, youΓÇÖre out just a few minutes of time.

Have you received any SMS marketing messages that you just had to respond to?

Reactions: Beanie Draws