• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to get content ideas from your subscribers

oceansofflame

I typically have a very hard time coming up with ideas for new content and new videos. As my brain gets maxed out lol. I've heard the best way is to simply ask your subscribers to tell you what they'd like to see come from you content-wise.

Curious how specifically are you guys asking this from your subscribers? Do you merely ask them in the video to leave "what would you like to see in my next videos" in the comments? Or do you poll them somehow? Any better ways?

Thanks!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve got to the point where I donΓÇÖt even need to ask, IΓÇÖm always getting requests to draw all sorts of things.
I guess it depends on your niche, but you also want to be super engaged with your comments. DonΓÇÖt just reply with ΓÇ£thanksΓÇ¥ when someone compliments your videos, reply with something more like ΓÇ£thank you so much! Is there anything specifically youΓÇÖd like to see me try?ΓÇ¥ The key is to make sure your audience knows youΓÇÖll actually respond and engage, then theyΓÇÖll definitely engage with ideas for you to try.

You can also encourage people to ask for requests right from the beginning of your videos ΓÇ£if youΓÇÖd like to see a certain type of video, let me know in the comments belowΓÇ¥
And of course, thereΓÇÖs always the pinned comment where you can pin a comment asking for requests.

Not sure what itΓÇÖs like for others, but IΓÇÖve always found it really easy to get ideas and requests from my audience.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I typically have a very hard time coming up with ideas for new content and new videos. As my brain gets maxed out lol. I've heard the best way is to simply ask your subscribers to tell you what they'd like to see come from you content-wise.

Curious how specifically are you guys asking this from your subscribers? Do you merely ask them in the video to leave "what would you like to see in my next videos" in the comments? Or do you poll them somehow? Any better ways?

Thanks!
I just did a live stream and asked the question. Got 3 ideas on the spot.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thats a great idea, and a very solid question. If you ask 'what should i do next?' You are unlikely to get any response at all. Nobody even knows where to beging brainstorming on your behalf.

But your audience can have an answer. Ask loaded questions in order to help facilitate a response; 'did you enjoy my video about X, what are some things about X that you enjoyed most?' Kind kf questuins.

Good luck!

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've been putting comments in my videos saying something along the lines of this "Leave video ideas and requests in the comment section" or "What video do you want to see next?" I pin those comments to the top of the comment section so it is the first comment that they see. When I get a reply from them, it lets me know what my viewers and subscribers want.

If you have 1,000 subscribers, you can also create a poll in the community tab on your channel and narrow it down to maybe 3-5 top choices for you and then make a video related to the highest voted answer.