• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Negative comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, you have the option of blocking them if itΓÇÖs just a rubbish comment with nothing but childish insults, but for the more severe ones, if you have them, is to report them.

However, if the ΓÇ£bad commentsΓÇ¥ are nothing more than positive and/or constructive criticism, which youΓÇÖll have to identify and make a judgment for yourself, then see what theyΓÇÖre trying to suggest, and just make those changes. Be careful though, some may seem like horrible comments, but generally constructive criticism is easy to pick out.

Again, anything serious like racism or threats of violence and so on definitely need to be reported.

ItΓÇÖs up to you to reply to some or all, thatΓÇÖs your call, but I wouldnΓÇÖt even waste time doing that unless you feel you absolutely need to. My suggestion would be to just block or report.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
One thing I noticed over the last two days is that with the changes in YouTube Studio on how comments are handled, I am seeing way more SPAM comments making it past the filters. I hope they fix this soon.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I used to just ignore them as it's all engagement, but someone pointed out that in the future a company might want to sponsor me, and if they see negative comments that I haven't dealt with, it might put them off - so now I either delete them if they are pointless spam or thank them for their criticism and pledge to do better in the future if their comment is somewhat constructive.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Cubey

You can delete them, report them, block them, ignore them or reply in a polite and sorry manner.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Checkout this post !

Yup, that thread was made very recently. The importance of using the ΓÇ£searchΓÇ¥ feature because the thread you want might already exist.

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama
Status
Not open for further replies.