• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Do you mind negative comments about you and your YT channel? Are you bothered about getting a dislike in your videos?

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't mind the constructive criticism, and we thank them for it. But we recently interviewed a great guy who is living on his boat and has TONs of money. Someone just posted a very nasty comment about him. Do we leave it there and not reply, to show what a jerk he is? Do we hide it?

• Wow
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't mind the constructive criticism, and we thank them for it. But we recently interviewed a great guy who is living on his boat and has TONs of money. Someone just posted a very nasty comment about him. Do we leave it there and not reply, to show what a jerk he is? Do we hide it?

On my channel I would delete it, ban him from the channel, and possibly report him.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt know what their amount of money has to do with it. If someone is out of line, I just ΓÇ£hide userΓÇ¥ and forget they exist

Dvyne

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Nah if its one thing you have to learn quick is growing a thick skin and not let it ruin your day. I don't usually block or delete comments depending on what the comment is, because it can be an avenue for discussion.

Reactions: Damon

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
A like or dislike or to any from a comment is seem by YouTube is call engagements I will not delete those comment! Just give them a red heart and type thank you!

Reactions: Dvyne

Dvyne

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
A like or dislike or to any from a comment is seem by YouTube is call engagements I will not delete those comment! Just give them a red heart and type thank you!
My thoughts exactly which is why I don't usually delete them. I only time I ever delete comments are from the obvious bot comments advertising sexy singles in my area.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
NO not really. I just delete bots and scammer with their whatsapp thing etc... And yes normally I reply to negative comments in a very either funny or calmful way.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there, in my own thoughts, unless the comment contains hate speech, or anything that suggests bodily harm or anything disgusting like that, then you can leave it up, a lot of channels I follow, small and big, typically leave these kinds of comments on, generally with an appropriate reply, but do take them down if said comment has hate speech or spam or dodgy links and so on.

Mizztee

It doesn't bother me at all..I accept all comments.. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. Mizztee

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I am just a small youtuber with 180 subscribers yet I already encountered being bashed and literally, received bad words. I had some dislikes in my videos but this one bothered me much. I did nothing wrong in my video (I was just doing my unboxing of my order.. And I loved the items I bought), I just enjoyed and expressed myself. What I did I blocked the user and deleted the comment. However, it can't get off my mind.

Do you also have that experience? That you are being nice and all that and enjoying what you do but yet there are people who smashed you (not physically but wounded you emotionally)?

Maybe, it is for me to be stronger.

-JAM-ster Flores (my YT channel)
No matter what you do there is gonna be at least 1 person who has something bad to say. this will happen throughout life, just don't let those kinds of people mess with your emotions and keep doing what you love! I have had people not really support me and that is okay. Keep doing what you want to do and don't mind the haters.

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I am just a small youtuber with 180 subscribers yet I already encountered being bashed and literally, received bad words. I had some dislikes in my videos but this one bothered me much. I did nothing wrong in my video (I was just doing my unboxing of my order.. And I loved the items I bought), I just enjoyed and expressed myself. What I did I blocked the user and deleted the comment. However, it can't get off my mind.

Do you also have that experience? That you are being nice and all that and enjoying what you do but yet there are people who smashed you (not physically but wounded you emotionally)?

Maybe, it is for me to be stronger.

-JAM-ster Flores (my YT channel)
Also, constructive criticism isn't bad you just have to really pay attention to it and see how you can make the best of it.