• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How many videos until I get noticed

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No Specific Answer to this but one thing is - keep posting regular and as often as possible with GOOD CONTENT.

Few get noticed in Months and few get noticed in years and few struggle and struggle.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is no telling; there is no way to predict how many videos you need to make before one pops. However it is worth noting that you should be focused on making your first one hundred videos right now. There is a definite difference in your understanding of the platform and audience needs that occurs in that first 100 videos. After that consider that on average a YouTube creator who has passed the 100,000 subscriber mark has done so with 400 videos and the average YouTube creator who has surpassed 1,000,000 subscribers has done so with about 1,200 videos. And just because you haven't got a pop at 400 doesn't mean you'll miss the latter either.

Bottom line; bury your head in the sand, put on the blinders and make great videos!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
There is no telling; there is no way to predict how many videos you need to make before one pops. However it is worth noting that you should be focused on making your first one hundred videos right now. There is a definite difference in your understanding of the platform and audience needs that occurs in that first 100 videos. After that consider that on average a YouTube creator who has passed the 100,000 subscriber mark has done so with 400 videos and the average YouTube creator who has surpassed 1,000,000 subscribers has done so with about 1,200 videos. And just because you haven't got a pop at 400 doesn't mean you'll miss the latter either.

Bottom line; bury your head in the sand, put on the blinders and make great videos!

Actually there is data that can help, but it's more commonly consistent uploads then ONE huge viral smash hit.

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've not been doing this for long and I'm still learning . I only have 13 subscribers and whether my content is any good is debatable but I have had some good comments from people and only three of them I know in real life so to get them from strangers is a positive sign but I too wondered how could I get more views.
I've linked up my youtube to tubebuddy and I used the keyword explorer and the title of my channel was deemed poor as the words are not necessarily ones people may search for (On a dark night) I liked the title but I came up with another using the word creepy in the title, Creepy times ahead it's now called as that's a word I've used myself to search for similar topics.
Time will tell if this helps out as I only did it about ten minutes ago but maybe look at your title too and use the keyword explorer which has me intrigued.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Like others have said, there isn't a specific number of videos that it takes to get noticed, but it is more likely to take more than just a few. Just remember to be consistent and never give up, especially this early on in your YouTube journey. It took even the biggest YouTubers time to get going and get noticed. They were all at your point in their journey when they were first starting out. There are some helpful threads that give tips for getting more views that you might or might not have already looked at, but they are still helpful threads.

Here are some that could help you:

Of course there are more out there that might give you some tips that you might or might not have seen yet, but those should get you started. Also, you could search YouTUbe for more tips. Good luck and keep going!

PS. I don't know why that 1 link above is in bold. I didn't mean to put it in bold.

Reactions: chupadoodles

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
oh. still long way to go.... I have only 20 videos so far. Hopefully I will have more subscriber in the future. Now I feel so upset because it does not really increase.
No need to be upset, like we all say around here, just get your videos uploaded, make sure you have a professional channel banner that suggests your overall content, and of course an profile pic or avatar to represent you as the creator.

IΓÇÖm at 45 or so videos, and IΓÇÖm only JUST starting to see something happening on my channel, and for others it may take even more videos to get noticed, itΓÇÖs just the way YouTube works, and the viewers want value from our videos.

So as long as youΓÇÖre providing something for your viewers to take with them, theyΓÇÖll come back for more and youΓÇÖll get more, you just gotta give your viewers a reason to watch your content and subscribe for your future content, now I had a look at your content, and there are a couple of improvements that you could try, which will bring more viewers and subscribers, you could add some calming background music, and maybe make an appearance in the videos, and add some excitement to your speech too, and maybe throw some questions to the viewers.

IΓÇÖll leave it at that for now, but just keep at it and donΓÇÖt give up! :blush:

Reactions: Cubey

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
How many videos do I have to post until I get noticed?
It depends on many factors like your SEO, the market for your niche, the value your videos provide, etc. I've heard Roberto Blake say to make 100 bad videos so you can learn many lessons along the way to making those that get noticed. Not that you make then bad on purpose, but there are many skills to learn little by little.

OP
OP
C

Cubey

thx

Thanks

Thanks, my niche is tiny

Thanks, I was really fustrated when nothing happened with 30+ videos

Like others have said, there isn't a specific number of videos that it takes to get noticed, but it is more likely to take more than just a few. Just remember to be consistent and never give up, especially this early on in your YouTube journey. It took even the biggest YouTubers time to get going and get noticed. They were all at your point in their journey when they were first starting out. There are some helpful threads that give tips for getting more views that you might or might not have already looked at, but they are still helpful threads.

Here are some that could help you:

Of course there are more out there that might give you some tips that you might or might not have seen yet, but those should get you started. Also, you could search YouTUbe for more tips. Good luck and keep going!

PS. I don't know why that 1 link above is in bold. I didn't mean to put it in bold.
nice!

ok

No Specific Answer to this but one thing is - keep posting regular and as often as possible with GOOD CONTENT.

Few get noticed in Months and few get noticed in years and few struggle and struggle.
Thanks

Reactions: oceansofflame
Subscriber Goal
No need to be upset, like we all say around here, just get your videos uploaded, make sure you have a professional channel banner that suggests your overall content, and of course an profile pic or avatar to represent you as the creator.

IΓÇÖm at 45 or so videos, and IΓÇÖm only JUST starting to see something happening on my channel, and for others it may take even more videos to get noticed, itΓÇÖs just the way YouTube works, and the viewers want value from our videos.

So as long as youΓÇÖre providing something for your viewers to take with them, theyΓÇÖll come back for more and youΓÇÖll get more, you just gotta give your viewers a reason to watch your content and subscribe for your future content, now I had a look at your content, and there are a couple of improvements that you could try, which will bring more viewers and subscribers, you could add some calming background music, and maybe make an appearance in the videos, and add some excitement to your speech too, and maybe throw some questions to the viewers.

IΓÇÖll leave it at that for now, but just keep at it and donΓÇÖt give up! :blush:
thank you very much for your comments. It is a big encouragement.

oceansofflame

One thing I was taught was to be good story teller and follow a really good trend in the zeitgeist and that will get you noticed far faster than just "more content"

My 2c

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
One thing I was taught was to be good story teller and follow a really good trend in the zeitgeist and that will get you noticed far faster than just "more content"

My 2c
Sean Cannell at think media just did a great live stream about trend surfing yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out which trends I can mold into my niche.

Isaac The Megamind

3327! You won't post 1000 videos if you are posting SEO RANKED videos and catchy thumbnails which people will like it and subscribe. Challenging yourself with 3327 videos will blow you up in no time (2-5years)

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
Actually there is data that can help, but it's more commonly consistent uploads then ONE huge viral smash hit.
I didn't exactly go viral but I had a series of videos about the world's strongest man competition that did almost 5000 views this last weekend while the competition was happening, whereas my average video does about 15-20 views in that time. Time to niche down! My audience has spoken!

kusuri

Like others have said, there isn't a specific number of videos that it takes to get noticed, but it is more likely to take more than just a few.

• Love
Reactions: germainrene

Benny1985

There's no magic number. The real key is improving every video until you hit a magic threshold that starts you on a path for more impressions from the YouTube algorithm. I've seen people with 100+ videos and no traction, and I'm at 50 videos with a traction level I'm happy with.

YouTube impressions (what comes before a video) is very driven by things like average watch time on videos and clickthru rate + titles/descriptions that are relevant to help viewers watch things they care about.

You can get traction at 5 videos. Look at Dream. It could also be 50 or 500. Stick with it, but learn to get a little better with every video. Make the content varied within your niche if you haven't found *it* yet that drives views and subs.

Reactions: Dorine Atieno